Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Have you seen the news aboput the Vero beach gold coin find?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not certain if it was posted - have yoiu seen the news on the Vero beach Spanish Gold coins that were found July 30th? Impressive to say the least - they were found in shallow water under contract of course with Mel Fisher's company.
It's out there, as we all know, just gotta be in the right spot, at the right time. Really a discovery I don't think any of us can truly comprehend. I mean, finding one or two gold coins, is one thing, and a rare occurrence on it's own, but finding a cache of that many pieces, which can be directly & specifically traced back to a certain shipwreck just blows the mind.

Joe
Man, those guys really kicked some ass on the coins! But they've been methodically looking for it too. Quite a haul for such an investment of time and equipment. And I can see what you mean Joe. You gotta put your coil over it. It's one of the things that keeps me out in the woods. You just never know what will turn up!

ODF
Yeah, it's out there we have to get out of the parks and hit the rest of the country!
Probsably 99% of it still untouched
(08-20-2015 10:02 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's out there we have to get out of the parks and hit the rest of the country!

Tony! A BIG THUMBS UP! Go get em! YesYesYes

ODF
(08-20-2015 10:02 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's out there we have to get out of the parks and hit the rest of the country!

I agree, always good to spread your wings. I might be doing more of it next year, but...

Don't discount the parks so easily, Tony. I would say 90% of my best finds were gotten in parks; reals, seateds, a 2 center, gold rings, etc. Yes, there's a fair amount of trash to pick through, and it's a different style of hunting, but if you're patient, there's some amazing stuff in them. Are you going to leave after every hunt with 8 or 9 silvers, and a handful of relics? No, those days don't exist much anymore, but you can still have a field day.

You know the deal around here, it's pretty much either parks or woods, and the woods is seasonal due to the overgrowth, ticks, etc. So, parks need to be worked, and if you work them well, you'll be rewarded.

Unless you know a couple of farmers here in NJ, and they give you access to search their land, old parks are are the best we got, IMO.

Joe
Hello Joe, parks have their place in the hobby. I too have terrific finds from them and will go back when crowds are few or non existent.

ODF/Ed, yup I have to agree with you as well.....I did a private and landed a nice silver and two wheats in the same hole. I can't post now, having PC issues....I will post a picture after some pc work is completed.
Stay tuned.....
My wife and I keep on searching that location. Others continue searching the beach as well.
Sand isn't moving waves are flat.
Cman1, yes I saw that in the news and was excited that it was a short swim from shore....maybe twenty feet out?
Wow, you never know so you have to get out there!
Good luck to you and your wife....wait for low tide this winter...
Reference URL's