Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bullet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Show I can do, but tell is another story. Any of you guys got any idea what this is? I found it about 50 yards from where I found that 2 center and IH's 2 weeks ago.

ODF
Haven't a clue, Ed, but neat find. Add that to the millions of other bullets I've found which have been tossed in the "unclassifieds" box, lol. Did you find that buff? I have NEVER found one that looks like that. Ours here always come out a crap brown color.

Joe
(08-20-2015 09:14 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't a clue, Ed, but neat find. Add that to the millions of other bullets I've found which have been tossed in the "unclassifieds" box, lol. Did you find that buff? I have NEVER found one that looks like that. Ours here always come out a crap brown color.

Joe

Yes I found the Buff a while back. Mine was toast so I brushed off the dirt and gave it a 5 minute bath in Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with Vinegar. Does a number with nickels!!

ODF
Bullet looks like it could bring down a buff. Congrats on some heavy metal.
(08-20-2015 09:59 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Bullet looks like it could bring down a buff. Congrats on some heavy metal.

I found it!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45-70

Mine weighs in at 26.3 grams. The nominal weight was 26.2. US Army 45-70. circa 1873. DEAR GOD, I love this hobby!!!
And a big thank you goes out to Lee Sampson on FB in ID ME as he has found many of them and gave me the clue!

ODF
Congrats Ed , that's an awesome find.
cool find and now you know a date for that site too, Cgratulations on both.....
Now you'll have to go back and detect a little slower
Awesome finds! Keep them going bro!
I am deffinitely not a bullet expert in any way shape or form, but I have found many bullets, extremely similar in the gold camps.  Havent found any in the super early camps (1850-60s) but deffinitely the later camps (1870s-turn of the century)  would feel comfortable putting ot somewhere in that time frame, but once again I am not a bullet guy
Reference URL's