Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1st Arrowhead!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was out detecting most of the afternoon in some woods I've never done and beside headstamps, shell casings and a few musket balls I ran into this laying flat and submerged somewhat in the dried yellow clay next to about a 10" tree. I found one, a bird point, when I was a boy of ten and me and the neighbor kids were running around a new strip mall construction site, but I lost it somewhere along the line. So this is a real first for me. My brother, who lives quite a bit south of me in the country, finds them a lot out in the tilled fields surrounding his property. He got me interested in at least thinking about "looking" at the ground. Thanks Greg!! Yes I would have to say that we're out there, and this could be thousands of years old, so keep looking at the ground folks!

ODF
Congrats ODF. That's a nice find. Are you going to continue to hunt there ?
(08-22-2015 08:35 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats ODF. That's a nice find. Are you going to continue to hunt there ?

Oh yes Kajun! Geez, it's about a good 20 acres and I just stomped around for four hours. I think I found a few campfire rings but they were strewn about and no signals. But I think I found what may have been an old logging road. I my excitement about the flint piece I forgot to post this half of a two man timber saw. So I'm going back. But the ground mineralization is unbelievable!!!

ODF
Congrats on your first arrow head!!
Very cool Ed!
ODF looks like you've found a place for relics. I love relics. Good luck , I can't wait to see what else you dig up.
That's an amazing find. I'd take that over almost any coin, any day. To think someone carved that thousands of years ago for protection or to hunt down food is astounding. That's a good sized one, too, and in nice condition. Some of them go for big money. Not that you'd sell it, but just be aware and don't toss it in the backyard shed or something Yes

Joe
ODF/Ed, really cool find! I see them in shops or at fossil shows but I never found one.
You must be excited being it was the first one and more to come now!
Congratulations

PS: Did you take the saw home?
(08-23-2015 02:49 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]ODF/Ed, really cool find! I see them in shops or at fossil shows but I never found one.
You must be excited being it was the first one and more to come now!
Congratulations

PS: Did you take the saw home?
Thanks to all on the arrowhead!

I would have taken the saw home Tony, but getting it out was a whole other story. There's about two ways in and out of this area and both require crossing small creeks and climbing/descending a 90 foot 70 degree embankment. I found it in the first hour and I was across the way and pretty tired after the fourth hour so I didn't make it back to pick it up. Although where I left it is about in the middle and I could get it out of there but the embankment is pretty steep, much more than 70 degrees, and above it is another 500 foot trek through some thick woods to get out and head back to the parking area. I'm neither here nor there on saving it. I left it against the tree where I took the pic. If it's still there in a week, I might go for it. Depends on how I feel. This descending/climbing stuff is beginning to get me in the upper right hip. I need a good horse!!!! My roofing/rebuild chimney days are over! Thank the Lord I only do these areas once a week! Chuckle

ODF
Ed congrats on the arrowhead , that's great find. I bet there are more around that spot.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's