Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1850s/60s House Site and Relic Hunting :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

got some much needed rain here over night and into today so I was able to get out and do some diggin

site is relatively clear of modern trash in the area I was concentrating on -- but -- there is a lot of iron as I believe there was a stable or out building of some sort where I was diggin mainly,

best find IMO is the Eagle I button (but even better) is the fact my buddy just went over the same ground and I mean the exact ground/spot with his AT Pro about 5 minutes earlier and missed it so needless to say when I went thru there and dug it out = he was PO'ed Big Grin

worth mention:
crusty injun
flat button
lead musket ball
iron sash buckle
some other type of buckle?
etc

see pics,

Hope You'all are getting out too.

[Image: Eagle-I%20001_zpsdoln27vo.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-I%20002_zps9lkae0nh.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-I%20003_zps01c16yui.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-I%20004_zpsaawstvhn.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-I%20005_zps6lgqfa2o.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-I%20006_zpswuxw40me.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-I%20007_zpsonoqxeqa.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-I%20008_zpscelsm1j6.jpg]
Absolutely GREAT HUNT MRH! YesBeer Love those buttons! Looks like you'll have a bunch more time there! Good LUCK!

ODF
Wow great digs. Too bad for the AT guy. Was this stuff deep or just surrounded by iron?
Nice digs!! I like those candle holder thingys too!!

Nice site with some great stuff!!

Good Luck
Great stuff, Wayne. The eagle button is really a terrific catch. They don't come up much around here, we're lucky if we get one every year or two. Surprised there weren't more older coins there, do you think the spot was previously cleaned out pretty well of them, or do you think they're all deeper and being masked?

Joe
Wayne, very nice finds indeed, congratulations on a terrific button.
Looks like a terrific site to detect, best of luck with it
(08-24-2015 07:21 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff, Wayne. The eagle button is really a terrific catch. They don't come up much around here, we're lucky if we get one every year or two. Surprised there weren't more older coins there, do you think the spot was previously cleaned out pretty well of them, or do you think they're all deeper and being masked?

Joe

Hey Joe

we believe the site has been hit in the past by "nighthawks" as it's been sitting vacant for at least 2 decades and commercially owned with nothing more than a no trespass sign

but

we also believe that there ARE deeper/older coins in the site being masked and/or just too deep to detect as it seems to have been filled in some areas too

I'm going back with my F19 and 5x10" coil to see if I can pull anything more out of the iron but there's some of the site overgrown with weeds/brush at the moment too so when that dies off - I'll be hitting it again in those areas as well

I just wanna pull at least ONE seated outta there!
Beer
(08-24-2015 05:18 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2015 07:21 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff, Wayne. The eagle button is really a terrific catch. They don't come up much around here, we're lucky if we get one every year or two. Surprised there weren't more older coins there, do you think the spot was previously cleaned out pretty well of them, or do you think they're all deeper and being masked?

Joe

Hey Joe

we believe the site has been hit in the past by "nighthawks" as it's been sitting vacant for at least 2 decades and commercially owned with nothing more than a no trespass sign

but

we also believe that there ARE deeper/older coins in the site being masked and/or just too deep to detect as it seems to have been filled in some areas too

I'm going back with my F19 and 5x10" coil to see if I can pull anything more out of the iron but there's some of the site overgrown with weeds/brush at the moment too so when that dies off - I'll be hitting it again in those areas as well

I just wanna pull at least ONE seated outta there!
Beer

Well, the site has the age, so no problem there, on the seated. Go back and hunt in all metal. Unless it's REAL trashy, I'd take the CTX...superior separation AND depth. That might be the key for you. I wouldn't rule out a gold coin, either Wink

Joe
Reference URL's