Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Late Summer Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took advantage of a cool day yesterday to get out for a short hunt to one of my old stand-by sites. Found a few cool period items. Hasn't rained in many months and ground is rock-hard and I have the blisters to prove it. I was actually worried about damaging targets, since many had to be actually chiseled out of the ground, but I just had to get a hunt in, regardless of the conditions.Best find was a one piece button with a floral design and if anyone has any ideas about the brass item shown being held, I'd love to hear any ideas. Thanks for lookin' Think I can hold off now until the rainy season begins...maybe.
Hello Caprock, yeah it's not good on the hands when digging in cement with a garden trowel.....I know the feeling and have a few myself to show for it. I too am waiting for rain -
Even the scraped site I hit a few dyas ago is no dry as a diog bone sitting in the desert.

You do have an array of cool finds for your trouble.....congratulations on those digs!
Man, Cap, those finds on the lesche are KILLER!!!!! That floral button is gorgeous, as are the buckle & suspender clip! Get back there to dig ASAP!!! Yes

Beer Happy Dancing

Joe
Cool relics and that button is in good shape. CONGRATS.
Nice digs Cap!!

Appears you have a nice little site to poke around in!!
Nice diggs is right! YesYesYesBeer

Man Cap, wish I could find stuff like that around here, seriously. I dig every brass and copper signal and all I get is copper pipe and plumber dumps!!!

WTG on some real great looking relics!!!

And we've had 2 days of overnight light rain and drizzle all day today. Ground is still as hard as a rock.

ODF
Great digs Cap. I'd call it worth a couple blisters.
That button is killer!
Reference URL's