Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 45 minute search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been raining for days now so couldn't go out, today we had a short dry period, about an hour so jumped in my car and went for a short search,  glad i did, a nice silver ring, probably early 19th century and a fantastic coinweight in superb quality from the 16th or 17th century!
Very happy with my 45 minute search!!!!!!!!!
Awesome finds Jack!! I wish I could find cool stuff like that. I need to do more research and find older areas to hunt. Texas is loaded with relics but tuff to find places to hunt close enough without driving 300 miles!
Like the ring Jack that's cool
Great finds Jack! Some hunt is better than no hunt!!
Very cool oldies. Congrats. GL&HH
Jack, here in the states, that would be considered a SUPERB hunt Yes Love the ring, and the coinweight (not sure what that is). You're knocking them DEAD!!!

P.S. - You find a LOT of bag seals!

Joe
(08-25-2015 10:37 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Jack, here in the states, that would be considered a SUPERB hunt Yes Love the ring, and the coinweight (not sure what that is). You're knocking them DEAD!!!

P.S. - You find a LOT of bag seals!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Coin weights were made to correspond to the weights of particular coin denominations, and the denomination in question was usually indicated in the design. They were most commonly made of brass or other copper alloy and were generally produced for high-value pieces, gold rather than silver coins. Their purpose was to check the weight of coin in circulation and ensure that coin received was of good quality. Normally they would correspond to the lowest weight at which the coin remained legal tender. They could be used to guard against clipped, worn or counterfeit coin and to check the standards of foreign coin permitted in currency. For example, weights were provided in England for ducats and florins in the sixteenth century; for French louis d'or in the late seventeenth; and for the huge amounts of Portuguese gold in the early eighteenth

LUCY, YOU'VE GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DOOO

greetzzzz

Jack
Hello Jack, very cool finds! Congratulations!
Reference URL's