Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 8 rings in the scoop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to a lake with family and late in the day I got the go ahead from my wife to detect so I did. I spent only 2 hours and scored 8 rings!! 3 925 earrings also but I lost 1 in the car. 1 ring is a 14k 3.5g engagement with a freaking fake stone in it!! WTH another fake stone!!!!! GRRRRRRR..... Well I also got a 10k 1g ring with real Millie stones. then 1 925 5.6g ring, a gold tungsten ring, another tungsten ring, a titanium ring, a aluminum ring and a copper ring. Plus a junk pendant and earring. Clad was $2.50 and zincs. LOL

[Image: 20150829_183035_zpsxnq55ttu.jpg]

Wife modeling the gold.
[Image: 20150829_183600_zpsojfafc9o.jpg]
[Image: 20150829_202942_zpsu55wpvw5.jpg]
[Image: 20150829_203039_zpsmvesdseh.jpg]
[Image: 100_2570_zpsndmbwwwa.jpg]
[Image: 100_2572_zpstgyqtms8.jpg]
[Image: 100_2573_zpsueqtjr4x.jpg]
GREAT WATER HUNT Wild!!! YesYesYesBeer Glad you were allowed to "go out and play!". Chuckle That's what my girl tells me!! LOL! And nice to see your girl likes them on her fingers!! Another chuckle is in order! Chuckle

I really got to go out in the water!

ODF
You have pretty hands Wild...LOL. Seriously , that's an awesome haul. Congrats.
What a hunt!!! Congrats on the gold, and ALL of the ring-a-dings...that is SOME haul Yes Were you hunting IN the lake, or around the perimeter?

Joe
(08-30-2015 11:10 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]What a hunt!!! Congrats on the gold, and ALL of the ring-a-dings...that is SOME haul Yes Were you hunting IN the lake, or around the perimeter?

Joe
This was a out of state lake. I was worried if I was going to be able to hunt it but non of the parks people said anything. They never bothered me.
(08-30-2015 02:03 PM)WildDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2015 11:10 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]What a hunt!!! Congrats on the gold, and ALL of the ring-a-dings...that is SOME haul Yes Were you hunting IN the lake, or around the perimeter?

Joe
This was a out of state lake. I was worried if I was going to be able to hunt it but non of the parks people said anything. They never bothered me.

I said the same thing in one of ODF's post's the other day, which is...

From my experience, most uniformed workers (cops, park employees, rangers, etc.) couldn't give two craps about us swinging our detectors, UNLESS...

A. Hunting is prohibited, and you aren't supposed to be digging there
B. Hunting IS permitted, but you're making a mess of the place, or causing some type of trouble or a scene

Aside from the above, people in uniform have MANY more headaches to worry about while on duty, than some poor old "nut" using a metal detector looking for beer money, lol.

I don't care what you've heard in other places, but, one of the tricks is...

NEVER ask permission of ANYONE if you can hunt somewhere, just do it. Of course...

This is once you've checked the spot out online. If there aren't any obvious rules prohibiting detecting, you're good to go. Make sure to read the signs when you're at the spot, too. If nothing is said about detecting...

Just turn your machine on and start swinging. Act like you're supposed to be there...confident. Be courteous to passerby's, and be neat & trim. 99 times out of 100, you will have no issues.

The mistake many make though is, if they aren't sure about detecting somewhere, and there aren't any rules saying otherwise, they walk up and ask someone if they can detect. HUGE mistake. Most likely, even if you're allowed to be there, the person you asked will want to cover their butt, and give you a "no".

Like Nike says; "Just do it"

Joe
You are one Wild Digger, congratulaions
Just looking at your finds make me happy. I bet your wife will let you hunt longer next time. Congrats!!!
Great job, Yes
Wow--that's amazing...and awesome!  Congratulations!
Reference URL's