Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Does Anyone Remember This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ed's post about the ghost train jogged my memory...

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago, there was a fella on treasure net that claimed he was out picking mushrooms in the woods, when he stepped on a patch of leaves and his leg went down about two feet. He decided to investigate further using his hands, since he didn't have his detecting equipment with him, and lo & behold, he starts pulling out gold coins.

He runs home and retrieves his gear, heads back to the spot, and starts an excavation. Claimed he pulled about 200 gold coins, valued at a few hundred thousand bucks.

He also said the land he was on turned out to be private property, the owner got involved, and a mini-war started over the loot.

Does anyone remember this? I believe the fella even bought a new car with a portion of the proceeds, and used it as his avatar on the site.

There were people on their who thought he was an outright fraud, and others who thought he was the second coming of Jesus, lol.

Real or fake, it was an entertaining tale.

Joe
I haven't even been detecting for 2 years yet. I didn't even know TN existed. But if I made a discovery like that I wouldn't advertise it. I would get the loot. Cash in , pay my taxes and look for the next great thing.
I remember that post. He was filling up his socks, took off his t-shirt and used it as a bag etc.

Pretty interesting story.
It sounds like my favorite type of treasure story but I am sadden to say I haven't heard of this one! What state did it happen in and do you have a link for us to read?
(08-31-2015 09:22 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like my favorite type of treasure story but I am sadden to say I haven't heard of this one! What state did it happen in and do you have a link for us to read?

Don't remember where it was found Tony. If you do a search on the site you might find the link but it's old and they have millions of threads there.

Joe
(09-01-2015 10:45 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2015 09:22 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like my favorite type of treasure story but I am sadden to say I haven't heard of this one! What state did it happen in and do you have a link for us to read?

Don't remember where it was found Tony. If you do a search on the site you might find the link but it's old and they have millions of threads there.

Joe
My luck if I stumbled in a hole I might break a leg.
Reference URL's