Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cowboys and Indians. Say your prayers varmint.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got out for some diggin today. First time in a long time. I took the T2 and was trying different settings. I usually use 2 or 3 tone, but with the high mineral dirt there is iron grunts mixed with tones on almost everything. Today I was switching back and forth from all metal and 1 tone with disc set at 27. Iron range goes to 40, so this way high iron numbers will still give a solid tone. I got alot of non ferrous stuff(mostly junk)and very little iron. My good finds were a lead cowboy on a horse, 2 Indians 1888 and 1893, an old pocket knife, a flat lead piece I think is a seal, and a little tiny round piece that almost looks like a little gold coin when you first locate it with the pinpointer. It turns out to be a charm that says "God and our country" on the front and has the Lord's prayer on the back. Man it was hot out today.
Great finds Will! Love your title!! Congrats on all!

ODF
Nice digs, Will Yes You've heard of the headless horseman, well, that's his cousin, the SHINLESS horseman, lol. I think I would've shat my pants after pulling out that token, it DOES look like a gold coin. You're the new Whitey on the indians, as it's dead here. Looking good, sir, looking GOOD!

Joe
(09-06-2015 10:07 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Great finds Will! Love your title!! Congrats on all!

ODF

Thanks Ed. I like to be a little creative with the titles. A nice sign out front draws people in.

Yeah Joe 2 Injuns in 1 afternoon is pretty good for me. They both were jumpy in the numbers. The first one was about 5 inches deep and was jumping all over. I was surprised when I pulled a coin out. I thought it would be something odd shaped. The second was maybe 3 inches if that and it was jumpy from pulltab to zinc with a hint of dime. That time I was thinking Indian. I didn't get any video this time. I did take my glasses and started off wearing them, but it was so hot I had them off in about 3 minutes. The ground is so dry that I got a cloud of dust when I dug. We need some rain.
Cool stuff Will Yes
Hello PittsburghWill, two indians and a cowboy on a horse and saying your paryers medal.....all really cool finds, congratulations!
Will I would take that all day. Amazing how many old coins you fellas find.
Reference URL's