Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Buddy finds 42 Meteorites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend Dave went last week to the Tungsten Mountains in mid Nevada for two days on a meteorite hunt, last year he found a 17LBer up there worth about $5000. I was supposed to go with him, but i started a new job and could'nt make it. he told me if he found more than 5 he would give me the biggest one. He found 42. so he gave me this 94.4 gram monster meteorite. He has been hunting meteorites for twenty years, so I have no doubt its the real deal. Thanks for lookin!
Cool Beans Leo! Those suckers can bring a high price from collectors. You should have it tested. It's the nickel iron ration that can classify it. That also verifies their worthiness. See if you can get some pictures from him of the others. I'd love to see them. I find stuff like that in the woods too but always think it's slag. Ain't no slag out there in Nevada!

ODF
Hello Leo, you certainly have a good buddy there, terrific of him to share -
I always wanted to find a Meteorite but nada so far in all this time.
What makes a meteorite so valuable ? I see people discuss them and I see they are worth a lot but why ?
That's a big sucker. Nice buddy you got Yes I used to watch Meteorite Men, a couple years back, very interesting show. Space relics!

Joe
Reference URL's