Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 2 Flat Buttons Found On The Makro Racers Maiden Voyage -- Up Close
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#1 = plain front

[Image: flats%20007_zpszjijuqgt.jpg]
[Image: flats%20009_zpsnv8qy4uo.jpg]

#2 = ornate front

[Image: flats%20008_zps7pliuee5.jpg]
[Image: flats%20010_zpslsdxxoqq.jpg]

Picked up a used Makro Racer to play around with and found these on her 1st trip out ;-)

HH all,

MRH
I love to pull out a button with a design on it, so many of the old ones are just plain, but that's got good detail and a nice design--congrats.
Yeah, I agree. Usually they are very plain or really worn flat.
Congratulations on those cool finds
Nice couple of finds MRH! Yes Knowing what little I know of the Macro Racer, I'd still bet they were in the fringe gold range and scratchy! Great work for the first time out with one!!! How deep Wayne? Farmers field? Homestead site? The Devil is in the details!!

ODF
Nice finds with the Racer.
(09-12-2015 09:37 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice couple of finds MRH! Yes Knowing what little I know of the Macro Racer, I'd still bet they were in the fringe gold range and scratchy! Great work for the first time out with one!!! How deep Wayne? Farmers field? Homestead site? The Devil is in the details!!

ODF

Thanks Ed (and everyone else too)

these were found on the 1850s/60s house site I've been using the CTX and the F19 at as of late...

I'll post the hunt in another thread/post in a minute here... Yes
Nice finds, Wayne, love the button with the design Yes I didn't know you had a Racer, thought it was the CTX and the F19. You're doing a lot of maneuvering, lol. Of the 3, which have you "gelled" with the most?

Joe
(09-12-2015 07:52 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds, Wayne, love the button with the design Yes I didn't know you had a Racer, thought it was the CTX and the F19. You're doing a lot of maneuvering, lol. Of the 3, which have you "gelled" with the most?

Joe

I like the CTX and F19 - the Racer I need time with to make an accurate statement as to how I feel/what I think about it in 100%

The CTX is an outstanding machine (world class) - built like a tank/tough, high quality, class A all the way and is very versatile -- far more than any Fisher product

but - the F19 has it's place/use and more so in my style of hunting/in the type of sites I hunt for the most part (which is why I bought a racer) and I also have a Vaquero to use in the iron pits

I'm selling the CTX for now and am going to get another Deus

my lineup will now include:

Deus
F19
Racer
Vaquero
surfmaster II for water/diving

I'll most likely get another CTX down the road (will be 3rd one at that point) but we'll see as time goes on and other machines come into play -- the ctx machines have been out for 3 yrs now so maybe Minelab will make a new CTX of sorts by the time 'm ready to buy another Beer
(09-14-2015 08:26 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2015 07:52 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds, Wayne, love the button with the design Yes I didn't know you had a Racer, thought it was the CTX and the F19. You're doing a lot of maneuvering, lol. Of the 3, which have you "gelled" with the most?

Joe

I like the CTX and F19 - the Racer I need time with to make an accurate statement as to how I feel/what I think about it in 100%

The CTX is an outstanding machine (world class) - built like a tank/tough, high quality, class A all the way and is very versatile -- far more than any Fisher product

but - the F19 has it's place/use and more so in my style of hunting/in the type of sites I hunt for the most part (which is why I bought a racer) and I also have a Vaquero to use in the iron pits

I'm selling the CTX for now and am going to get another Deus

my lineup will now include:

Deus
F19
Racer
Vaquero
surfmaster II for water/diving

I'll most likely get another CTX down the road (will be 3rd one at that point) but we'll see as time goes on and other machines come into play -- the ctx machines have been out for 3 yrs now so maybe Minelab will make a new CTX of sorts by the time 'm ready to buy another Beer

Wayne,

Well you've got many years more field experience than I do for sure and a good tool shed to boot. I often wonder where to go from the SE Pro. I have the Delta 4000, but I've been so spoiled by the SE that I can't honestly see myself doing what I do in the woods with it. I'd love a water machine like the AT Gold, but the CTX has me drooling because I understand the FBS. I had an AT Pro for about three months but sold it to my son who eventually sold it to an acquaintance at work. I felt it was a bigger step up from the Delta at the time but realized I needed a bigger step up. The technology is the answer. Ya know I'm no young pup anymore and I just can't dig every signal when I've sampled 4 or 5 already on a trip. I saw your classified and honestly lost sleep over it. No But I agree about how Minelab works. I approve of your Deus decision because I may never get in the water again anyway, at least not without a spotter, and that flipping Deus is very, very intriguing. Unlike and like you, I'm going to do the waiting game with a budget. After seeing Minelab pop out three very nice and very competitive lower end machines, I feel there is something coming for people like you and me. I think they want to give Deus, and Whites Spectra V3i, a run for the money.

ODF
I love those buttons!  Nice job, man!
Reference URL's