Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beginners guide to dowsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe in Dowsing. Have you  tried it on your site for MD?  I carry my dowsing rods and use them.
How about finding water, some lost person, or item.
Is there silver, gold, or jewelry on this site. Will I find it today or is it already been found? Hi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbwo0YCpV...bwo0YCpV3E[/url]
Cman1, I have read and learned about them and like it. I never purchased a set but I feel there is something in each of us if you are willing to listen to your internal voice.

I go with my gut and it helps big time.
I haven't tried it. I've watched videos and seen tv blurbs on it and hear the Amish, in Ohio, are believers. I don't doubt that it works. I think "inner self" is a descriptive phrase for the basic addition of more iron to your structure via dowsing wands while walking through the magnetic fields of the earth over anomalies between you and the earth beneath your feet. So with that said, it could be a very excellent way to get to know the soil and what's down there. But I think it has to be more fully developed in that it is currently conceived as non scientific speculation. A fate that destroyed people like Tesla and his Power From the Planet theory. Which any one of you can prove in his own backyard, btw. Although I'd be willing to bet that DARPA or the DOD has an ongoing project related to dowsing. Or they've already conquered it. I'm not kidding either.

Ed/ODF
Never tried it, but I have an open mind. If I was with someone, and they did not know the location of a water source, for example, and I saw that dowsing took them to the exact spot where the water was, I'd say there was something to it...if it is repeatable. For instance, place a piece of metal in the ground, wave a metal detector over it, and it beeps. This is science, and is testable & repeatable. If dowsing was performed for me in a controlled, legitimate environment, and it succeeded even the majority of the time, then I'd be on board. What I tend to see a lot of, by people performing dowsing is, it only works sporadically, some of the time, under certain conditions, etc.

There are certainly things which we cannot explain, but are as real as day. Is dowsing one of them? The jury is still out for me.

Joe
Ed\odf, interesting explanation - I think you are onto something there.

I feel that dowsing rod, fishing rod or a metal detector are all extentions of our natural ability that some folks use and the rest of us don't realize what they have inside them.
When you are out - what makes you decide to go one way or another, or what lure to use in a particular spot. Same goes for a dowsing rod and why they work. Our brains are more capable then we know.
Tony,

You bring up an important point about having a sixth sense, so to speak, like Deja Vu or precognition. Like my wandering about in the woods has a direction that my conscious mind can't recognize. How many times I've been totally flabbergasted by a find but have absolutely no clue as to how or why it got there in that particular spot. I can't back it up sometimes with forensics of other things found. I sometimes think, and this is silly, but it seems to work, that the wind on a breezy day in the woods pushes me to areas. I know it sounds crazy, but when I pay attention to that wind direction, I find stuff. It's fantasy of a sort, kinda like I tell the grandchildren during a thunderstorm, "God is Bowling and the Angels are taking Pictures!". Maybe we and the Dowsers have some kind of connection that we just don't cognitively understand or we never lost as adults, but we're somehow tuned into it.

That's happened to me with fishing too!

Ed/ODF

(10-06-2015 12:23 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Ed\odf, interesting explanation - I think you are onto something there.

I feel that dowsing rod, fishing rod or a metal detector are all extentions of our natural ability that some folks use and the rest of us don't realize what they have inside them.
When you are out - what makes you decide to go one way or another, or what lure to use in a particular spot. Same goes for a dowsing rod and why they work. Our brains are more capable then we know.
Ed\odf, if it to windy I dont like it and don't go detecting. Now after your statement I might consider it.
I have learned the hard way to trust my gut....even if I don't find something I go with it and see what happens. Just bear in mind that it can lead you into trouble sometimes - so look before you leap!
My father dows for water . I remember him finding the spot for his uncle's well in Penn. in the early 70's the well is this there today.
Reference URL's