Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Andrew's Powder Flask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can only imagine digging one of those...simply stunning Yes Why the eagle & US on the flask if it was a mining spot? We're there also troops stationed there?

Ron, not for nothing, but, the videos are looking sharp!!! I like doing them too from time to time, but, holding the camera is a real pain. I hate being slowed down, also. You should look into the GoPro HD cams. You can attach the tiny camera to your hat, or via a strap like a head lamp, so, both hands are free. It's perfect too because, since its attached to your hat, everywhere you look the camera sees. User perspective! I'm picking one up soon, I'll give you my review then Wink

Joe
These flasks actually pre date the civil war.  This one is an Ames Peace Flasks.

Here is a good site with info and complete flasks.

Ames Peace Flasks
Great video Ron!!  That powder flask is badass, and looked lik a bitch to get out of the ground.
Yeah it was neat to see Andrew dig it and the pure excitement he had!!

I had 17 minutes of footage of him digging it.  I had to edit it down to about 4. Happy
Funny, I would've probably walked over it too, being an overload. I'd assume it was a big old hunk of iron or a beer can or something. I do tend to dig overloads at very old off beaten spots, woods, etc., but, if I'm in a park (even a dated one) I pass on overloads. I've dug far too many cans of Colt 45's, so, this old dog ain't changing his habits Tongue

Joe
What an incredible find!
 In the video watching I said 'Thats Crazy!"
2 seconds later I hear Marc say "That's Crazy"

hehe
Big Congrats to Andrew on that.
My best relic yet! Thanks ron for putting this awesome vid together
Hi Andrew and welcome. Killer flask there bud, hard to find one in great shape like that!
You are Welcome Andrew! --Glad to see you posting!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's