Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 55 & some nice stuff!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Same area again! The place just keeps giving it up. I walked by this quarter maybe 30 times. Did every area around it except for this little tiny 4 foot square spot. Today I did the spot. And the funny thing is I've detected the living crap out of this area. 4 inches down btw, and 6 inches away that 1940 Wheat.

A no date buff and four other wheats with the BSA pin and the crucifix missing Jesus all in the area around where I found the 44 Merc this week. So thank you Boy Scouts of America!!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

ODF
Nice digs Ed

Yes
Love the big silvers! Nice going
Are all of these silvers coming from the same spot? If so, that's as close to virgin as it gets. 3 scenarios...

Either it was never hunted, it wasn't hunted well, or, it was hunted before with older (not deep) equipment & they missed stuff. Either way, you're doing a fantastic job of covering their tracks Yes

What's really telling are the larger silvers you're pulling out of there. Those are obviously tougher to miss, even if a machine isn't super deep, which is why I'm leaning towards it being virgin territory.

Joe
(09-19-2015 04:42 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Are all of these silvers coming from the same spot? If so, that's as close to virgin as it gets. 3 scenarios...

Either it was never hunted, it wasn't hunted well, or, it was hunted before with older (not deep) equipment & they missed stuff. Either way, you're doing a fantastic job of covering their tracks Yes

What's really telling are the larger silvers you're pulling out of there. Those are obviously tougher to miss, even if a machine isn't super deep, which is why I'm leaning towards it being virgin territory.

Joe

Honestly Joe, I think it's Virgin too! The area of these Boy Scout Troop camps, as far as I'm concerned, was never detected. I got, I think, 11 silvers back in the Spring in a 50 by 50 foot area. And that area and 2 more in the same woods are still producing, except for a number of other finds that are way outside those parameters, in those same woods! I mean every time I go there, I'm finding stuff. It's ridiculous. I've been through there now like 40 times. I don't hit silver every day like this past week, but I find something! A couple buffs, some wheats, buried tin foil plates. I mean it's crazy!!! I come home everyday thinking to myself that there simply can't be anything else there and bam, I find something the next day!!!! I don't think anyone even considered detecting it.

Ed/ODF
Reference URL's