Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Carte Blanche!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had my eye on this oddly situated house near my job, which is pretty much smack dab in the heart of an industrial center. Very out of place. It didn't look abandoned, but whomever was living there I had the feeling they were older. I'd drive by as often as I could hoping someone would be outside, but nada.

As I'm heading past the place today, BINGO, I see a fella mowing the tall grass Wink I pull over and get out of my car, and just as I did, it was perfect timing, the guy's mower stalled.

After some how ya doings, I explained to him what I do, and asked some questions about the place. He pretty much told me to come by anytime to hunt it!

Not too old, maybe 1930's or 40's, but could be a bit earlier. He said his grandfather owned the place, it's vacant now, and the dirt (as far as he knows) is all original.

Hoping to hit it soon, this may be worthy of a video Yes

Joe
Sounds like a great site!!! Good Luck!!

ODF
Could be a silver mine.
Thanks, guys, trust me, I should know better than to get excited by these things, as I've had more than my share of wild goose chases over the years, but...

It's all about the POTENTIAL, lol.

Joe
(09-22-2015 06:46 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, guys, trust me, I should know better than to get excited by these things, as I've had more than my share of wild goose chases over the years, but...

It's all about the POTENTIAL, lol.

Joe

Start with, "There can't possibly be anything here.", as your catch phrase before you turn on the detector. It's all about the mind set. You know our minds are like children, at some times. You tell a kid, "Don't do that!", and invariably, they do. What I do is meet expectation with heavy doubt. This way I have both bases covered. It keeps me going over the fallen trees and through the brush. Because I know it's there, I know my mind doubts it, and so I hunt harder and better to assuage my mind. It takes some practice, which detecting wise you have, but the ego is stronger than the mind, and doable. You'll mostly be pleasantly surprised! Yes Our hobby is an insurmountable test of control over our anxious anticipation and our knowledge of what we can find. Controlling the aspects of the emotion of the hunt makes us better hunters. IMHO!

ODF
Wow--that was a lucky stop, good luck!
Wish we had that luck in Virginia this weekend.  The folks were polite, but everywere we asked, the land was historical, and no detecting allowed...sigh.  I resigned myself to the wooded area inside the Race Track where my guy was racing.  Found a lot of dropped bullets, which was cool, but there were also a lot of holes from someone who had made it there before me. Still better than not detecting.
(09-23-2015 07:50 AM)Detecting Diva Wrote: [ -> ]Wow--that was a lucky stop, good luck!
Wish we had that luck in Virginia this weekend.  The folks were polite, but everywere we asked, the land was historical, and no detecting allowed...sigh.  I resigned myself to the wooded area inside the Race Track where my guy was racing.  Found a lot of dropped bullets, which was cool, but there were also a lot of holes from someone who had made it there before me. Still better than not detecting.

Believe me, Allyson, I've had more than my share of busts. Nature of the beast. And that really sucks about VA, as there are some really old properties there. Thank GOD fall is here. Temps have cooled down here in NJ, now we just need rain. In the woods isn't bad digging, but the fields & parks I work are a disaster. Keep plugging along, we only have a short window before all the cold & white crap move in, and then we'll all sitting inside twittling our thumbs.

Joe
Reference URL's