Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 64 Indian Head - L or no L ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks, I dug this a few weeks ago.  I cannot for the life of me decide if it is a 64 L or not.  I have had two coin dealers look at it and they are split yes/no.  Where the L should be, there is bumps, but doesnt look like an L.  The bust is to be pointed on the 64 L, but that also to me is inconclusive.  Opinions?
[attachment=6518]

[attachment=6519]

[attachment=6520]
llooks good to me but I am not an exbert on those details
If I were you, I'd post this on Cointalk.com. They've got professional collectors by the hundreds that follow IHP's. I'm not versed enough in it. My last, and only, 1864 IHP was pretty toasted. But that one your showing is a winner!! YesYesYes Great find!

https://www.cointalk.com/

Ed/ODF
Too inconclusive. I don't see it as it has to much surface damage

Nice find!!
IMO

it's not an "L" type

the point of the bust is rounded and not tapered/angled from top and bottom into a point = <

yours is flat/straight on the bottom and rounded over on top -- sorta like = (___
(09-23-2015 06:07 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]IMO

it's not an "L" type

the point of the bust is rounded and not tapered/angled from top and bottom into a point = <

yours is flat/straight on the bottom and rounded over on top -- sorta like = (___

I will be giving that one back to the landowner anyway.  Better to let him just have it as a memento, and not think it is valuable when it probably isnt.
Reference URL's