Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: True Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Autoscan finds dime in 3 yr old's belly!

In April 2003, this happen, he is the son of one of the members, of the club I belong too. He is now 13 and doing find, and still detecting ! LOL

Submitted By:
Mattew D. (NJ)
Date:
April 2003

Dear White's Customer Service: I want to thank you for a wonderful handheld detector which truly helped during an emergency. My three year old son had accidentally swallowed a dime! YES, I'm not making this up!!! I did not hear a "plink" sound and I assumed the worst. After discussing the matter with a doctor, we went to the metal detector store to make certain Ernie first gave me, then my son a stern look He made William promise NEVER to eat good coins. William agreed, and Ernie gave the wand to William as a friendly gesture. *BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!* William repeated, "BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!". Yes, there was a dime inside my son's belly What sensitivity! I ran the wand up and down his sides, down and up his chest and back. I was able to determine where it was inside him. What a magnificent tool, it ought to be standard "Parental Issue" for silly parents- those that leave loose change untended! I am truly amazed at the high quality of this product, and I am very grateful for the assistance of the staff at GEOQUEST. Thanks again for all your help- Matthew D.
Great Story-- I too had that happen.

My daughter was 2 and we thought that she may have swallowed a Quarter.  To be sure, I had her lay on the floor and I checked her with my Explorer.  Yep--nice high sweet tone in her belly.  I pinpointed it and marked her belly. 

Doctor said it should pass!!

We checked here every few hours and we could see it was progressing nicely.  A little lower  and little lower.  We could actually map the movement.

Finally the next day after a diaper change.  No more high tone in the belly--now in the diaper.  We just threw that Clad Qtr away!!  Happy

I guess I should have sent that story to Minelab--maybe I would have received a hat!!
Wish I had had a pinpointer when my dog swallowed a needle and thread.
(09-14-2013 10:41 PM)ICanDigIt Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I had had a pinpointer when my dog swallowed a needle and thread.

Ouch! I don't know what would be more painful, swallowing it...or passing it! Tongue

Joe
(08-28-2013 02:18 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Autoscan finds dime in 3 yr old's belly!

In April 2003, this happen, he is the son of one of the members, of the club I belong too. He is now 13 and doing find, and still detecting ! LOL

Submitted By:
Mattew D. (NJ)
Date:
April 2003

Dear White's Customer Service: I want to thank you for a wonderful handheld detector which truly helped during an emergency. My three year old son had accidentally swallowed a dime! YES, I'm not making this up!!! I did not hear a "plink" sound and I assumed the worst. After discussing the matter with a doctor, we went to the metal detector store to make certain Ernie first gave me, then my son a stern look He made William promise NEVER to eat good coins. William agreed, and Ernie gave the wand to William as a friendly gesture. *BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!* William repeated, "BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!". Yes, there was a dime inside my son's belly What sensitivity! I ran the wand up and down his sides, down and up his chest and back. I was able to determine where it was inside him. What a magnificent tool, it ought to be standard "Parental Issue" for silly parents- those that leave loose change untended! I am truly amazed at the high quality of this product, and I am very grateful for the assistance of the staff at GEOQUEST. Thanks again for all your help- Matthew D.

Great story Bob.
Reference URL's