Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got a Wheat cent today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after Dusty reminded us to keep out coil covers clean and mine small coil was giving me a hard time I took his advice. It was pretty cake on and it took about a good ten minutes to wash it all out.
So I went back to a scraped area and was able to find coins and stuff. Best was a 1942 wheat cent. It also seems that the workers picked up some dirt and spread it in a 1 x 2 foot area, right on top of that were two quarters - all I needed to do was see em and pick em up.
Good luck to everyone out there!
COOL Tony! My 11" coil cover was pretty clean. I rinsed it off anyway. Nice job on the construction site! Yes

ODF
ODF/Ed thanks. This is a school built in 1913 and was expecting more older stuff. They dug down about 6 or so inches and exposed a plastic pipe, so maybe this area is clean fill mixed in with some old stuff but nothing exciting except for the few wheats that I found. At least I have a place to detect in this dry weather.
Thanks again
When I first started reading your post, I thought you were going to say you found the wheat between your coil & the cover! Now THAT would've been funny!!! "Wonder why the hell my coil keeps falsing?", lol Chuckle

Ya got me beat! I miss getting out, gotta dig some dirt, soon Wink

P.S. ~ Cleaning a coil cover at home is pretty easy, just run it under the faucet in the bathtub, but doing it in the field is a PITA. Learned a neat trick from a guy years ago...

Take a can of pressurized duster/canned air if you're ever going on a long hunt or away from home. If you need to clean the coil cover, just remove it and spray it pretty good with the can. It'll clean the inside (most important part) real nice, with no water or wipes needed...fast too Happy

Joe
Reference URL's