Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New AT Gold enroute!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked up an AT Gold. Should be here any day now. From all I've heard and seen, it appears to be killer at picking up goodies in iron. I'm going to use it in my spots that have bad patches where the Safari can't perform. Due to masking, we miss a lot of targets. Hopefully the gold with uncover some of those bad boys Happy

P.S. - If it can't, check for it on the classifieds in about a month Tongue

Joe
Good Luck and I look forward to your review. 

I just picked up a Gold Bug Pro with 3 coils and will give that a shot at some of our high iron sites. 

I think the CTX does pretty good but want to compare and see if the GB will pull anything out.
Cool! Did you get the headphone adapter? I've had the pro for over a year now and just finally got the adapter..my good ole grey ghost sound MUCH better than the stock...plus those stock ones hurt after a couple hours. Good luck with the new toy. Ray
(08-28-2013 10:57 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Cool! Did you get the headphone adapter? I've had the pro for over a year now and just finally got the adapter..my good ole grey ghost sound MUCH better than the stock...plus those stock ones hurt after a couple hours. Good luck with the new toy. Ray

No, do you mean the headphone adapters you can buy at Radio Shack to fit the different size headphones, or is there special adapter for the AT's that I don't know about? Reason I ask is, YES, I'd like to use the headphones I have now instead of the cheapies that come with the unit.

Joe
Yep-- AT Pro and GOLD have a waterproof headphone plug. 

You will need an adapter if you want to use anything other than the "Fantastic" Garrett headphones that come with it.  

Quick Order it!!  you can get them on ebay.--$35
I got mine from Bart...same price. You can also just make one for cheap...just use the end from stock phones and solder to a standard headphone jack. But believe me, you'll want one. Also, be prepared for a lesson in frustrayion when you connect the phones and coil to the unit...the engineer who designed that must have little girly hands.
(08-29-2013 10:10 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]I got mine from Bart...same price. You can also just make one for cheap...just use the end from stock phones and solder to a standard headphone jack. But believe me, you'll want one. Also, be prepared for a lesson in frustrayion when you connect the phones and coil to the unit...the engineer who designed that must have little girly hands.

Is it like the coil connection on the F2? I need needle nose pliers to change those things.
congrats! the atgold is a good machine!
Reference URL's