Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: An Earring but how old is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I went to a construction site in a park. They are putting in a new play area and dug up a small area of the grass to put down the cement footings. I found about 1.81 in change but nothing older then a 1966 quarter but I did get a great tone for a possible gold item and dug it - to my surprise it's a heavy earring. Man was I a happy camper. So today it is cleaned off and it is a Monet earring - so it is custom jewelry.
But here is the rub - it is a clap earring and I say it is from the 50's or 60's, what do you say?
Nice Ear ring.

I think you meant to type COSTUME instead of CUSTOM.

Monet still makes that style of earring and is sold through major dept stores like JC Penny/Macys etc.

Their earring business took off in the lat 40's and 50 but pretty hard to tell the age. But that clip design looks very similar to modern day clips.

A nice find regardless!!

Congrats!
Nice find Tony. Yes Beats headstamps and shell casings any day of the week! No I would have gotten a bit excited by it as well. Weather is breaking and the ground will be getting wet so, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

HH Tony!

ODF
Yes, too bad I didn't have spell check on.

I'll have to check but it is a barrel clasp, and it works great.
No big deal just fun to find in this dry power we call dirt
Looks like costume to me

And yes 50s 60s it looks similar to coro jewelry
Reference URL's