Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: AA battery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a two hour hunt in before work today. I had the 11" coil on the T2 this time. I was checking out a new spot trying to pick out some good stuff. Alot of trash in this spot. I didn't dig alot of trash, but it is definitely there. Could be a good candidate for the little coil. No really old coins today, $.98 clad. My nickels out numbered my dimes which is unusual. Of course pennies won the race. I dug what I thought was an old AA battery, but when I got home I looked at it and there is fancy design all over it. I'm thinking old copper lipstick tube. Next to that in the pic is a chunk of lead and on the other side is a triangular shard piece of something. My favorite find of the day is the AA battery. Does anyone know how old that might be? I'm trying to figure out how worthwhile it would be to spend more time digging this spot
I can't make out the design too well from the pics, so, going by the patina alone, I'm guessing 40's or so. And yes, I'd say an old lipstick tube Yes Cool find indeed! The patience you're exhibiting by working those trashy places should be rewarded soon. Most people would shy away from spots like that, leaving all of the goodies for you Happy

P.S. - If you have one, use the little 5" coil (hockey puck size, lol) in places like that. If you don't have one, I'd strongly urge you to invest in one.

Joe
(08-29-2013 05:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't make out the design too well from the pics, so, going by the patina alone, I'm guessing 40's or so. And yes, I'd say an old lipstick tube Yes Cool find indeed! The patience you're exhibiting by working those trashy places should be rewarded soon. Most people would shy away from spots like that, leaving all of the goodies for you Happy

P.S. - If you have one, use the little 5" coil (hockey puck size, lol) in places like that. If you don't have one, I'd strongly urge you to invest in one.

Joe

Yep I have the 5" coil too. I will hit that spot with the little coil next time.
(08-29-2013 06:02 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2013 05:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't make out the design too well from the pics, so, going by the patina alone, I'm guessing 40's or so. And yes, I'd say an old lipstick tube Yes Cool find indeed! The patience you're exhibiting by working those trashy places should be rewarded soon. Most people would shy away from spots like that, leaving all of the goodies for you Happy

Joe

Yep I have the 5" coil too.  I will hit that spot with the little coil next time.

It's in spots like that where the little 5 incher truly shines. It's almost like using a laser beam to shimmy around & maneuver in-between the trash. And don't worry about losing depth, sometimes you can actually get MORE depth using those smaller coils versus the larger ones. The signal is more concentrated, so, it can have deeper ground penetrating power Happy

Joe
(08-29-2013 06:23 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2013 06:02 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

Yep I have the 5" coil too.  I will hit that spot with the little coil next time.

It's in spots like that where the little 5 incher truly shines. It's almost like using a laser beam to shimmy around & maneuver in-between the trash. And don't worry about losing depth, sometimes you can actually get MORE depth using those smaller coils versus the larger ones. The signal is more concentrated, so, it can have deeper ground penetrating power Happy

Joe

I know, I have used it in my nail filled yard. I picked alot out of the iron with that coil. I've heard that you can get nine inches with the little coil. I have got close to it.
Yep, lipstick tube...and I think its Joes color...patina green, ha. Dude, the way you hunt, which is good, but unusual for someone new, I predict you will be posting something fantastic REAL soon. Ray
(08-29-2013 07:45 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, lipstick tube...and I think its Joes color...patina green, ha. Dude, the way you hunt, which is good, but unusual for someone new, I predict you will be posting something fantastic REAL soon. Ray

Thanks Ray. I guess I have progressed quickly. I've come a long way since a year ago using a little Bounty Hunter Jr.
Go for it Will , you'll get something there !! Yes Yes
(08-29-2013 11:53 PM)George in SSF Wrote: [ -> ]Go for it Will , you'll get something there !! Yes Yes

I'm gonna try to get back there with the 5" coil next week.

(08-30-2013 01:19 AM)49r Relics Wrote: [ -> ]A little concerning to see a razor blade in that group, would hate to reach into a hole and hit that on the business en Think

Yeah those old lipstick tubes are pretty cool, most have a nice art deco design.

Like Ray said, you are the type of detectorist that will find your share of good rings and jewelry. Yes

That old blade wasn't even sharp. I don't find much jewelry. It would be nice though. I'm happy with old coins.
Reference URL's