Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 17 Buff, old wheats, stuff, RAIN = SHROOMS!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cancelled work today because we're pretty caught up, it was a drizzly cool morning and I'm "the boss", so I can do that. Besides the fact that the striping paint doesn't do well in a constant drizzle.

Area one was that spot I talked about the Ohio Streams people having signs all over and pink boundry markers on trees. It's okay to detect there. Those are just areas the city wants to maintain for green space between any future development/buildings and maintain the state's designated watershed as best as possible to keep flooding down. Actually a good idea. Found the pocket knife and the racing pigeon band there.

Then went back to old faithful, area two, after lunch and attacked a spot where I found that BSA pin a week or so ago. First hit was the harmonica reed. 3 feet away 2 bridle rivets with leather, then about 6 feet from there a buckle of some sort. Okay, so this is interesting. About 20 feet from there, under fallen tree branches, I get an odd nickel signal but a little too shrilly for a headstamp, of which I dug about a dozen, with a few pull tabs as well. Turned out to be a 1917 Buff. Then, same tree branches, 5 feet away, 3 wheats. So I started to remove tree branches and came up with nothing else except the button snap.

Area three is another old faithful but I've pounded it pretty hard as well and it's a real bear to grid off. It's where I posted that "Life in the Big City" vid a while back. Well I didn't turn up much except for the percussion cap and a 22 short bullet and bits and pieces of little flat brass or copper things.

But, I am also a shroomer, and I see something in the distance at the base of a really big tree. That one on the left in the picture is bigger than a basketball and there are six more just like it. And me without a grocery bag! There's gotta be 30#'s of them. So I stuff a big cut into my sling pouch. I'll go back tomorrow if they're still there. Lot of people shroom up here. Cleaned them, set a portion aside for dinner fried with butter and onions (with the great beef roast the Deb made tonight) and refridged the rest with a damp paper towel and holes in the ziplock bag!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

ODF
Cool buckle Yes

But I thought you meant "magic mushrooms" Big Grin
Ed, odf to bad it wasn't a war nickle then your silver numbers would have gone up.
Cool digs anyway,
(09-30-2015 09:28 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool buckle Yes

But I thought you meant "magic mushrooms" Big Grin

LOL! Yes, I believe we used to call them Cow Pies back in the day! LOL!! Go see Alice, when she's ten feet tall!!

Ed/ODF
Great digs Ed. Isn't 1917 your lucky number? I've eaten some really good shrooms, but never those kind.
(09-30-2015 10:31 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Great digs Ed. Isn't 1917 your lucky number? I've eaten some really good shrooms, but never those kind.

These are pretty meaty. Got a good crunch to them, akin to watercress but softer. And yes, 1917 is one of them that holds up pretty well. Going to go back there tomorrow and see if I can get October started off with some Silverrrrrr!!!!!!

ODF
Nice variety of finds there ODF.  And you got a nice bonus with the shrooms.  Very good day !
Nice stuff, "Boss", lol. I like my mushrooms. Can eat'm alone, or paired with just about anything. Never had that variety, though. Lemme guess, they sorta taste like chicken? Chuckle

Joe
(10-01-2015 05:53 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice stuff, "Boss", lol. I like my mushrooms. Can eat'm alone, or paired with just about anything. Never had that variety, though. Lemme guess, they sorta taste like chicken? Chuckle

Joe

Thanks Joe! Actually they have a delicate mushroom taste and a texture kinda similar to tough chicken breast, but if you cook them long enough they get softer. I was in such a rush to get some cleaned and fried up with butter and onions that I kinda cut corners. Dodging the woman (the real boss) in the kitchen is a task! But the remainder I fried up last night I cooked up with a couple of scrambled eggs this morning and they were a real treat. I have to spend the rest of the night tonight cleaning up the bunch I brought home, about 2 pounds, and prepping them. They'll last 2 weeks in the fridge if properly stored!

ODF
Reference URL's