Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: One Hole Saved Me...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My silver spot is dying out. Reaching the point of diminishing returns. Can't do 5 & 6 hour hunts to pull out 1 or 2 silvers. No complaints though, as I've probably pulled 18 or 19 mercs & 8 or 9 barbers from this place, aside from other silver, Indians & relics since March or so. Did about 4.5 hours today. All clad & wheats with a few mystery items. One hole saved me though. Got a good signal and dug a plug. Lots of roots. Good. Coins get caught up in them. First target was a 43 war nickel...the first I've dug in a couple of years. Rescanned the hole, and a 48 Rosie was hiding there too. Glad to get out, just hope this brutal humidity breaks soon. Bring on Fall!!!

Joe
Good finds. I haven't found a war nickel yet.
Cool. When I used the Sov. I found a lot of war nickels...I would get that sweet high silver tone, but the meter would read some wierd number like 165....instead of the expected 180...but the tone told me to dig. Is that how it is on the Safari??
(08-29-2013 10:42 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. When I used the Sov. I found a lot of war nickels...I would get that sweet high silver tone, but the meter would read some wierd number like 165....instead of the expected 180...but the tone told me to dig. Is that how it is on the Safari??

Nah, nickels come in around the low to mid 20's. I probably would've never dug it to be honest, as I normally cherry pick the penny & higher signals. However, the VDI was bouncing 20's to 30's (penny/dime range) & it was deep, so, just dug it more out of curiosity. The bouncy VDI was because the dime was in the hole with the nickel. The VDI scale on the Safari goes up to 40. That's one thing I don't get with those Sov meters. The VDI goes up to what, Ray, like 199? That's one wacky numbering system. Isn't the first number the conductivity, and the next two numbers the VDI...or something along those lines?

Joe
Sunray meter..0-180 just the conductivity...extremely accurate, even at depth..best I have ever seen.
Nice going on the  silver  Joe . It  looks  like old Thomas J. better  get that wound on his left arm taken care of . Yes Yes
A 2 silver hole is always a nice surprise!

Congrats on bagging a couple more for the treasure chest!
(08-30-2013 02:01 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]A 2 silver hole is always a nice surprise!

Congrats on bagging a couple more for the treasure chest!

No, Ron, YOU have a treasure chest, mine is more of a piggy bank in comparison Tongue

Joe
Reference URL's