Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More Misc today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another plated spoon. Says R&B on the back and nothing else. Another pocket knife that took some kind a beating. And by far the smallest Federal bird band I've ever found. It says:

WRITE BIRD BAND
1162-46067
LAUREL, MD 20708

So I'll turn this one in too via the internet site.

And it blew my ears out at about 1"

And my friend the turtle, who probably has been handled so many times that he now poses for photographs! Also saw two garden snakes today, one medium and one teeny guy about 12" long. Couldn't get them to stand still long enough for photos!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF
Nice finds, Ed! Love the spoon Yes However...

PLEASE let the turtle take his $hit in peace, without getting all paparazzi on his a$$! Chuckle Tongue

Joe
(10-04-2015 07:24 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Another plated spoon. Says R&B on the back and nothing else. Another pocket knife that took some kind a beating. And by far the smallest Federal bird band I've ever found. It says:

WRITE BIRD BAND
1162-46067
LAUREL, MD 20708

So I'll turn this one in too via the internet site.

And it blew my ears out at about 1"

And my friend the turtle, who probably has been handled so many times that he now poses for photographs! Also saw two garden snakes today, one medium and one teeny guy about 12" long. Couldn't get them to stand still long enough for photos!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF

Hope the turtle didn't bother you to much !!! Plated spoons are better than old crusty rusty ones
I have 2 bird bands, both from the waterfowl that came into range.....if yours is really tiny, it may have came off a woodcock. cool finds though!
Nice digs Ed
(10-04-2015 08:26 PM)Padiggydirt Wrote: [ -> ]I have 2 bird bands, both from the waterfowl that came into range.....if yours is really tiny, it may have came off a woodcock. cool finds though!

I'll let you know PA! Once I turn the info into the site, they'll email me back with the bird type, who tagged it, and when. It's interesting stuff.

ODF

Okay I got it! :

Dear Edward Szklarz,
Thank you for reporting Band#: 1162-46067
A confirmation email has been sent to you.
See below the banding information for the reported bird:

Date 05/30/2002
Species American Robin
Age HATCHED IN 2001 OR EARLIER
Sex FEMALE
Location WESTLAKE, OHIO, USA

Problems were detected with this report:
This bird or band is unusually old.
If possible, please upload photos of the band and bird using the tools below and
include any important remarks that you may have left out of your report.

(b)AIN'T LIFE GREAT!!!!(b)
Cool stuff Ed. You sure do get alot of those bird bands.
I have never heard of a band on a Robin. That's different, but cool all the same!!
Reference URL's