Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: East/West Coast Rivalry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone watch the Mets/Dodgers game, last night? It was a pitching duel for the ages! Playoff runs for the Mets have been a rarity over the years, so I'm soaking this special time in real good.

Game 2 is going to be incredible Yes

Joe
Not me I was watching the Devils hockey
I lived in Scarsdale, NY in 86 and watched the Mets win the series. It was literally UNBELIEVABLE. It was like a well choreographed dance played out on a baseball field. FLAWLESS!!!!! I saw some of that when the Indians were close in the 90's, but never again.

GO METS!

Remember the baseball dance!

ODF
Baseball season is over for me. Arrietta must die.
(10-10-2015 10:25 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Baseball season is over for me. Arrietta must die.
Will,

If you saw how many people have bumper stickers and steering wheel covers that say "Pittsburgh Steelers" or "Go Pirates", you'd be ashamed to live in Cleveland, OHIO! But that's just the way it is. I like baseball for the sport. I know how you feel. The Indians sucked this year. Wasn't even worth watching. Good teams though, if you are a fan of baseball, can show you what baseball is all about. It isn't often they come around, but when they do, it's amazing to watch the skill they show. Great baseball is a skill played within a team of supporting cast. Got nothing to do with money. You have to have players with skill and faith in their ability and the teams' cohesiveness. And a good fatherly coach who believes in them and molds them to know each other on the field. No egos. No dollars. Just baseball and how it's played. I love baseball, no matter who is playing. Simple as that.

Sorry about the Pirates this year!

Ed/ODF
Ed\odf, yeah I remember the 86 METS and how crazy the folks were or I should say excited. If they can pull this one off it will be the same
(10-10-2015 10:56 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2015 10:25 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Baseball season is over for me. Arrietta must die.
Will,

If you saw how many people have bumper stickers and steering wheel covers that say "Pittsburgh Steelers" or "Go Pirates", you'd be ashamed to live in Cleveland, OHIO! But that's just the way it is. I like baseball for the sport. I know how you feel. The Indians sucked this year. Wasn't even worth watching. Good teams though, if you are a fan of baseball, can show you what baseball is all about. It isn't often they come around, but when they do, it's amazing to watch the skill they show. Great baseball is a skill played within a team of supporting cast. Got nothing to do with money. You have to have players with skill and faith in their ability and the teams' cohesiveness. And a good fatherly coach who believes in them and molds them to know each other on the field. No egos. No dollars. Just baseball and how it's played. I love baseball, no matter who is playing. Simple as that.

Sorry about the Pirates this year!

Ed/ODF
You're absolutely right Ed. Thanks.
The dude broke that guys leg! Wow - what a hit.....I can't believe that was in baseball....football or rugby but not at second base.....or am I off base?
(10-12-2015 08:24 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]The dude broke that guys leg! Wow - what a hit.....I can't believe that was in baseball....football or rugby but not at second base.....or am I off base?

Yes, that was excessive. And I would say that even if it wasn't my beloved Mets, whom it happened to. Karma IS a bitch though, and glad we spanked them good, last night Yes

Joe
Acting tough and stupid makes the opposing team MAD. And you don't want to play against a team that is MAD! Uncalled for. He should be fined.

Ed/ODF
Reference URL's