Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Response to reported Bird Band!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Believe it or not after I reported this second bird band to USGS Bird Band Reporting, I get and email from the fella who originally banded the bird:

Mr. Szklarz,

I can't thank you enough for writing me back! That's very rare for some reason. Sadly because the bird wasn't with the band, there is no way to know how long the bird lived.

This bird was banded during a research project we were doing in Cleveland Metroparks back then. It was banded at one of two sites in Mill Stream Reservation of Cleveland Metroparks. We were looking at the relationship of migrating birds that use power line corridors. My wife actually banded that bird. This American Robin was banded as an adult female.

Did you actually find this band with a metal detector? If so, that's remarkable! Ohio Dirt Fisher? You know I have to ask!?! Please keep the band. I'd much rather you have it, as you found it and we're kind enough to report it!

Again, thank you for reporting the band, and responding to my email,

Gary

Ain't that a kick!!!

Ed/ODFHappyYes
Hey that's really cool Ed.
That is cool Ed, now get a tiny zip tie and attach it to your machine for luck!
Hello Ed\odf, yeah that is cool.
I am glad that you poted your finds and what they were, now I will know if I find one
That's pretty cool! I appreciate this story more than your average bird (haha) because my father came from a long line of pigeon men. And that bit about the power lines is very true. Ed, you're raising a ruckus all over the internet! Tongue Chuckle

Joe
Reference URL's