Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Getting started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum. Waiting for my detector to arrive and in the meantime I have enjoyed browsing all the interesting posts. Plan to try out new machine in area of my old garden spot where the tractor would sometimes turn up old medicine bottles and a few Indian head cents. The spot was once the site of an old cabin.
Sounds like a terrific spot to restart a hobby! Best of luck!!!Yes

ODF
Yeah that sounds like a great spot. What detector did you buy?
yes I agree sounds like a good area make sure to move out past the glass area too they didn't just stand in one spot. Also what kind are you getting?
I've ordered a Teknetics omega 8000. Had past experience with a Whites and a Garret years ago. Looking for something good but still within my budget. Several posters have said my choice should be ok.
Oh yeah the Omega is a great choice. I haven't used it personally, but have heard alot of good about it.
That sounds like a great spot to start out with your new detector ! I'm also new to the forum and use a Teknetic. (G2)
NCMiner:  Good luck to you as you search with your G2. Once I get some experince with my Omega, I might like to compare notes with you on using these Teknetics detectors.
Yeah do that. This machine is new to me also, so its a learning game for sure.
Reference URL's