Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Just another day at the park.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday morning I got out for some diggin. I went back to the clamshell spot with the T2. Some amazing things happened over there this time. I came upon an area of ground that had the worst mineralization I have seen. I am used to 4 or 5 bar dirt that usually balances in the 70s. I hit this section and suddenly my machine was overloading and making all kinds of noise. I reground balanced and the numbers dropped down into the 40s and the Fe meter maxed out on 6 bars. Crazy. A little later I was out of that hell dirt and I made a new friend. His name is FA. I have tried the FA mode before and it just didn't click. I decided to try it again anyway. This place is loaded with nails and that's what this mode is supposed to be good for. It was f***ing awesome. Every hole I dug was full of shells, glass, and nails. I pulled a non ferrous target from every hole. I now love this mode.
I got some good finds too. I got a big old pad lock. It was down pretty deep under all the trash. I thought it was just a bid piece of iron, but I was trying to get it out and see anyway. Suddenly I popped it out with my digger and it flew right out in my face. Wow look at that. I got some screw clamp looking things. I don't know what they are. If anyone knows let me know. I got a Hutchinson pop top still in the glass. That's just my second one like that. A Gainor clip. Must be an old garter or bra clip. A Camel Zippo lighter. I wonder if you can still send them in for repair. I got a big ring. Looks like old brass. Some stuff looks like horse tack. I also dug alot of bullet shells and junk. That's just another day at the park.
Neat stuff there, Congrats!
Love the Blob top with the Hutchinson still in it. Those clamps are grounding rod clamps for main fuse boxes. Nice hunt there Will! Dumps are some of the most interesting places to hunt. Glad you're tuning that machine in! Yes

Ed/ODF
(10-11-2015 07:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Love the Blob top with the Hutchinson still in it. Those clamps are grounding rod clamps for main fuse boxes. Nice hunt there Will! Dumps are some of the most interesting places to hunt. Glad you're tuning that machine in! Yes

Ed/ODF

Great ID. Thanks Ed. I'd have never guessed that. I googled and found pics of more modern ones.
Hello Pittsburgwill, the stuff looks interesting, I love finding old locks
(10-12-2015 07:58 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Pittsburgwill, the stuff looks interesting, I love finding old locks

Yeah that lock is real cool. I'm thinking about trying some electrolysis on it to see if there is any detail to it.
It should work good on that piece
Looking good, Will, love the zippo. You should try knocking on doors in some of those older towns near you, must be some real old houses up there. Have you ever tried?

Joe
(10-14-2015 12:45 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good, Will, love the zippo. You should try knocking on doors in some of those older towns near you, must be some real old houses up there. Have you ever tried?

Joe

No I've never knocked on doors. There's places on my own block I would love to detect. Just never had the nerve to ask people if I could dig up their yard.
(10-14-2015 05:15 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2015 12:45 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good, Will, love the zippo. You should try knocking on doors in some of those older towns near you, must be some real old houses up there. Have you ever tried?

Joe

No I've never knocked on doors. There's places on my own block I would love to detect. Just never had the nerve to ask people if I could dig up their yard.

I get that way, too, so I don't do it as much as I should, but you'd be surprised. With the right approach, it works a good percentage of the time. If you find just ONE old property, you could have a gangbusters of a hunt.

You can't hunt that house you're drooling over now anyways, so even if they say no, you didn't lose anything.

I have a couple of leads I'm calling in within the next few weeks. Could be busts, or might be good...we'll see.

joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's