Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 4X4! In a hammered area!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today was such a beautiful day! I said I'm not going to the woods today. Well, sorta not. I went to a local lake that has been literally hammered to death since they started making detectors. I've found a number of Mercs, Rosies and Washington's there but there were still a couple of near lake islands of brush and trees that I hadn't ever done. They are well traveled areas and the place was full of Dad's with their kid's fishing and people kayaking. It was simply a wondrous sight! But the place is just foot by foot full of trash, so it wound up being an easy, slow day of low and slow. And I'm far from being a Pro detectorist, but I could see by the finds that the boys from the past were all over this place in droves. And they left me the pennies. Which I'll take. The ground there was like compacted powder, with a few roots. So for you guys restarting your hobby or just starting out, it is still out there. Also got about .90 cents in clad and current (70's on) memorials. Picked up a lot of the trash strewn around too because it makes me really sick to see how people treat parks. If I knew where they lived I'd go throw it on THEIR front lawn.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
You're right It's still out there. We just have to find it. Cool German coin.
Verry cool finds, looks like we both scored a 46 wheatie!!
I agree ODF, seems places that are hunted out seem to still turn up something. Maybe its the newer technology of todays machines that keep on finding items in those hunted out spots, hard to say. There's a place not far from me in the middle of nowhere that used to be a beach music hotspot back in the 60s and early 70s. The lake has long been drained, and has also been hunted hard over the years. Its pretty well overgrown but I plan to get over there soon.
Hello Ed/odf, always fun to find wheat cents - nice digs.
It's still out there - we just have to believe and get it.
The silver earring that I found at the construction site proves what you say.
I have been over that area many times but I didn't find it until the construction company dug down a few inches.
Don't recall ever finding a Phennig, that's a very cool pull. I just checked that FB page, seems they took down the Garrett ad, lol.

Joe
Reference URL's