Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #67 Rosie & a clean 46 Wheat for 4 hours!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to that lake park and decided to just do the grass as there's a crapload of it but I have found silvers there. Only problem is, in general the underground trash is unbelievable. So I turned down the sense to 16 (half power) and really took my time. Got about $1.60 in clad and memorials, (those damn memorials were everywhere) and a boatload of bottle tops and aluminum trash. About 3/4 of the digs were nice and the remainder in hard ground. Spent 4 hours there just walking about a 600 foot long direction, then turning around and doing it again alongside. I did about 8 sweeps, or 4800 feet, so almost a mile of grass with 3 foot swings making the coverage about 24 feet wide. Anyway, I found the Wheat first and it's a pretty clean one, found in some caked muddy puddle spot about 2 inches down, and in pretty good shape so it must have been dropped recently. The Rosie was an ear popper but my original target spot from three directions was about 2 inches off and I had to dig another plug alongside. He was at about 4 inches down and read like a silver quarter so he must have been at a 45 degree angle to level. The ground there though was easy to dig. I've found about 4 silvers in that grassy area and a few silver rings but I've always just jumped around from here to there and not run any kind of pattern. It's difficult to do because in that span I'm talking about there are a few dead zones without signals or nulling or anything. Those kind of areas usually send me off the track, but today I said I'm staying on the track of my pattern no matter what. Seemed to work out well.

And I ran into one old timer walking his dog who stopped to talk. He has a Fisher something, he can't remember, but he and his buddies detected the hell out of the place back in the late nineties and early 2000's. Happy

He told me he physically can't get down to dig anymore No but told me they pulled a massive amount of silver from that area (it's been a park, lake and swimming area since the mid 30's) and they had a great time doing it. I didn't get his name unfortunately but I had a great time talking to him. I showed him the Rosie and the Wheat and his eyes lit up and he had a big smile and then he said, "No park can ever be hunted out.", and he wished he could get out his old Fisher and go at it. He wished me luck and went on his way with Rover. I hope I see him again and get his name. Maybe I'll just keep that Rosie with me and give it to him for old time sake!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Nice finds!! Hope I have half as much luck this wkend in the boyscout area; n the rain!!
The silver machine! Nice pull, Ed. Would be cool if you could hook up with that fella and hunt together, but it sounds like he isn't able to dig anymore. You get to keep it all Chuckle Yes

Joe
Your patience and persistence pays off again !  Good job, OHD !
Seems like your determination paid off. Not bad considering what they pulled out of there years ago. I'm sure you'll continue to find more.
Ed\odf I believe you have developed a nose for silver and old coins, congratulations - good job again
Reference URL's