Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Field Testing Explorer XS -- Not Surprised
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By the fact that it acts, walks, talks just like all Minelab FBS machines.

Talk about NOT being CTX balanced/ergonomic though -- feels like swinging a 20 lb bowling ball with the WOT installed!

But - rest assured - "depth" IS all that and then some with this set up Big Grin

Anyone know what the "hitch" looking thing is?? It's like copper or brass??

Dug some of this stuff at nearly 2 ft deep!

[Image: expl%20001_zpsxgv8uxk8.jpg]

[Image: expl%20002_zpshkxixzqu.jpg]

[Image: expl%20005_zps1vfflagn.jpg]

[Image: expl%20003_zpsowtw6yvl.jpg]

[Image: expl%20004_zpsffl6pcal.jpg]
I got no idea what the hitch thing is. I could guess but that's X rated. Okay, well, how bout big staple puller? Chuckle Or maybe a saddle horn frame???? Rain Bird? That's a sprinkler part, I know that much and can say that for certainty. 2 Feet? Crap, with that WOT coil you could go 4, maybe 6 with an FBS! NICE hunt there MRH!! Same woods? Man, put an 8x6 on that thing and go for it.Yes

Ed/ODF
It's the tip of a harness,the part that sits on the neck above the shoulders. Probably brass.
That's probably one of the deepest machines ever. Coupled with the WOT, yes, I can easily see getting down 14" or 15" on coins...maybe more if the ground is perfect Wink As long as you don't try and use that set-up in an area that's too trashy, you may very well find some oldies that others have walked over for generations.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd hang on to that unit for all a long time Yes

Good hunt, Wayne.

Joe
Yeah, on larger objects they do pick up some crazy stuff. I can attest to that with my Exp II, sometimes when I am tired (at the end of the hunt day) I give up and hope to go back on another day.
Nice hunt - cool stuff for sure - congratulations!
Reference URL's