Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Quick hour hunt, 1800 school house
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quick hour hunt in the slushy snow. Turned up what look like picket knife parts and a brass figurine. If any one know what it may be, let me know..going to post it in the what is it forum as well.
Not bad for a 1 hour hunt in the slush! It missed us! WTG! Yes

Ed/ODF
(10-18-2015 07:07 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Not bad for a 1 hour hunt in the slush! It missed us! WTG! Yes

Ed/ODF
Thanks ODF, I'm getting use to the way the machine acts and responds to different things. The statue was actually along the roots of a tree that was cut down long ago. It was 5 inches deep,but it had a hole down to it, just had to pry it out with the digger. Heavy little bugger too.
Cool stuff. There was snow flurries down here today already. Straight from summer to winter. What settings are you using?
I'm using a bounty hunter prospector, has the analog meter on it. But I am using the discrimination setting and the discrimination knob at 2 o'clock. Saving up for a good detector for spring.
I don't know how high 2:00 is on that machine. Does it detect nickels at that setting? I've used Bounty Hunters and done pretty well with them. With no target ID you pretty much have to set the disc where you want and dig all good hits. That's usually how I hunt anyway. Even with high dollar machines.
Yes it will pick up nickels at that setting. It pretty much rejects iron and junk there. I did pick up aluminum though, have a chunk of it. Also picked up a brass nail with "j" stamped on the head. Will post pic of that tomorrow.
Yeah if you are hitting good on nickels you will also hit pulltabs and other aluminum. You can also find some really cool stuff in the range of nickels and pulltabs too. When hunting a real old site lowering the disc can pick up cool lead and small brass pieces too. You do have to dig a lot of junk though.
I noticed that. With the ground being so soggy, I probably passed up ALOT of weak signals. At 4 inches I was getting water in the hole and it was fill-in up fast!! Going back there probably next wkend or later this week if it stops raing. Found an old junk site with broken glass that gave up good signals,but had light weight gloves.
Well from what I see, the head is missing, he is holding 2 or 3 fish by some kind of stringer in his right hand across his chest, (a Catholic symbol) and there appears to be a bandage or tourniquet around the calf of his protruded left leg, (notice the toes missing), which is quite swollen, from what I can see. I've looked around the internet, and I think you have a cast bronze piece of St. Roch, patron saint of dogs, people with knee, leg problems and skin rashes, not to mention bachelors. Although I can't find an exact copy of what you have, it's out there somewhere. And I could be wrong. But I think this is some direction.Happy

Ed/ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's