Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1898 IH Same area!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to that spot I got the 1912 S dime at and did a little more careful search along the ridgelines. There's a lot more areas to cover but from that last scare I had of almost getting lost I didn't want to push it until I had a good full day to go out further. Today weren't it. Anyway, I was 1 hour and 15 minutes into doing the ridgelines with a good deal more headstamps and small caliber shell casings when I run dead across this slammer 7-25 and at right angles, 5-25 signal. Now I know that from where I am at in the woods, it ain't a zinc penny. (And let me tell you guys, there aren't any cans, pull tabs, beer bottle caps, or nothing. Just property fence wire, headstamps, shell casings, an occasional buckyball, a few bullets and mineralization.) {.} And because of yesterday's finds I'm running full wide open. So I cross my fingers and dig it. At about 3" down out pops this 1898 IHP. And that's the most delightful thing I saw all afternoon. I know some of you guys dig these IH's quite a bit. But for me it's a real thrill to dig them. I take these babies as well as I do Silvers because of the dating. When I see dates like these on coins out in the woods in the boonies, well, my effort is paying off. Now I have to reach further out into the massive forest that is there. It was a beautiful day swinging in the woods, but it needs to be a bit cooler. And wetter!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Nice save Ed Yes
Nice injun, Ed. Looks like the new spot is promising, as that's already 2 excellent finds from there Yes

Joe
Great find, congratulations.
I haven't found one in a long time, way to go.
Reference URL's