Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sifting Through Hot Rocks W/The Vaquero = Fun = NOT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well - okay - it wasn't ALL bad Big Grin

Really like this machine!

2 Silver War Nickels and a Flat button were about the best finds today.

Had sens. all the way up, disc. just above iron to knock out nails and a 1/4 turn neg ground bal

All in all it was a fun hunt but there were hot rocks everywhere in this field -- not too bad when you know how they act/sound.

Thanks for lookin

[Image: vaqq%20001_zpserqxwmvv.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20002_zpsyo2864e3.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20003_zpsabdi90zt.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20004_zps7iczs1tu.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20005_zpsddx0euf9.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20006_zps55shxidz.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20007_zps6qzoljum.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20008_zpshjpukob8.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20009_zpsm8pdrinf.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20010_zps1pbziq16.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20011_zpsex9qxebk.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20015_zpsm9l4iurg.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20014_zpsafvm1ynf.jpg]

[Image: vaqq%20013_zpshtfyctma.jpg]
You got some good old stuff there. I like the lamp piece.
Not fun? Holy crap, you dug that with a beep and dig machine? I hope some of the newbies are looking at this post! WTG MRH!!!! Yes Beer

I'll take one War nickel any day of the week and you found TWO! Yes I love the knife and the lantern mantle piece!! Great finds!!! Nice spot. That is an old homestead site I'll bet you!

Ed/ODF
I absolutely HATE hot rocks! Fortunately, most of our sites are light on them, but there are a few that have enough to drive one stir crazy. I can kinda, sorta tell when I have a hot rock under the coil, but it's not foolproof. Depending on the size, depth, and other factors, sometimes they can sound exactly like a deep coin.

Your soil looks GREAT, Wayne. Our's WAS good for a couple of weeks, but we haven't had a lick of rain, so the damn cycle is starting up again.

How many machines are you up to now?

Joe
6 Machines at the moment Joe. Wink

I just bought another Etrac (should be here today) and I have 5 coils for it so I'm gonna sell the Explorer putting me back down to 5 machines.

I really like the Ctx's and I was thinking of maybe getting another but the lack of coils is a big turn off and the ones you CAN get for it are way too much $$ so I opted for another Etrac

Current machines:
Etrac
Racer
F19
Vaquero
SurfMaster II (for water/diving)

and selling Explorer XS (great machine but I'm too spoiled on newer FBS machines) Cool
Reference URL's