Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New hunting grounds.. Not too impressed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to an " unhunted" park today. Started right next to the parking lot and found a 55 D wheat. Then another hit, 84 clad. Third hit, 02 clad. By then I was not too excited.. 4 th hit looks like a 44 handgun round ball...started to get excited!! Then I should have called waste management, the trash was flying out of the ground. But then....a solid hit...and a game piece!! It says "play money" and has a 1 stamped in it. It's aluminum.... Excitement faltered, drank some dew and thought its been 3 hours, I'm going home for homemade meatloaf.... We are now going to taco bell.....
"Momma said there'd be days like this.... ", and well, in my opinion, you tested the area. So you did pretty good! Yes

Wanna see a boatload of shotgun headstamps and shell casings? These hunting guys spent all their silver change on ammo!!! LOL

Ed/ODF
Not a terrible day I would say. But what happened to the meatloaf?
I know right !!!! Have a so so day hunting and come home to " I don't feel like cooking" But I did talk her into arbys....actually she is feeling a little under the weather, so I told her we could just grab something quick and easy. Good woman that puts up with my crap, can't complain too much!!!

And Ed, ODF, this pic is for you. I got all woodsie at the park...lol
Yep! That's them there woods I keep talking about!

And sorry about the meatloaf, really, because I love meatloaf, Yes , but over here on Friday nights it's Pizza and Wing night!

Little woman doesn't cook on Friday's! She knows if it ain't on the table by 6pm Friday, the cans of Sardines are a comin' out, and she hates Sardines!!! LOL

Ed/ODF
I love finding those old play tokens. Keep going your coming into something good very soon
Nice finds, and interesting game piece. How deep were you digging? How deep were the finds? 3 scenarios...

Either the entire park had all of the old dirt hauled out with all of the old goodies, there was never any old stuff there (unlikely if the place is dated) or they brought in fill dirt and the old stuff is very deep.

If someone were to try our parks & fields where I live, and was only digging shallower signals, they would walk away with nothing but clad & frustration. The 'silver line' doesn't start around here until about 5" or 6", at a minimum. Mainly due to fill dirt and coin sinkage. So...

Before you rule the place out, try going back and only dig the softer, fainter, deeper signals you get, then see what pops out...if anything.

In the worst case, as I always say, if there is indeed nothing at that spot, you can definitively cross it off your list, and prevent wasting anymore time there in the future...a win Yes

Joe
I was down between 4-6 inches, but even with the discrimination set on the higher side I still pulled a ton of trash. The ground was really hard and rooted, and my digging tool came in on Saturday when I had a huge honey do list. I will prob give it another shot after we get some rain, but now I have steel head fishing too. Hmmmm detect or smoked lake trout. That's a tough one...
Nice finds! Wonder what game piece that is from? Hope the rain softens the ground for you. Whether you're dirt fishing or going after Steel heads fishing sounds fun! Good luck!
Reference URL's