Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Etrac park finds.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was invited by a buddy I met on the forums to come on over and hunt a park where he had found some silver, wheats and jewelry. So I hopped in my car and made the 75 mile drive each day and hunted Friday, Sat and a little on Sunday. I was using the E-trac with the stock coil, no disc, auto-sens, deep on, multi-tones with ferrous sounds. That combo worked like a champ, the numbers were all over the place, but, the tones and the depth meter made all the difference at this place. Everything was 6-9 1/2" down, the ground was nice and soft which made for some easy digging. I'm glad I took him up on the offer, it was on of the best weekend hunts for me in quite some time.
[attachment=6690]
Looks like a great bunch of finds.
Terrific hunt! Multi silver just gives you a rush, huh?! Yes I run with a similar set-up...No discrim & auto sens with the stock coil. The target numbers might drop the deeper something this, but as long as they're within a certain RANGE, the VID is uncannily accurate, even on objects down 8" to 10".

Your new buddy sounds like a good a good guy, as hunters sharing spots nowadays is a rarity, but that's what makes this hobby great.

Joe
Great bunch of finds Dan! WTG! I see your silvers there are sometimes like Leo's in Las Vegas. Weird how tarnished they are in some cases and not in others. Must be the difference in the ph of the soil compared to us guys in the upper midwest and eastcoast. Anyhow, nice series of hunts and glad to hear from you!

Ed/ODF
Great to meet up with a hunting buddy and even better when you score on some cool targets, congratulations!
He's turned out to be one hellava nice guy. He's a special investigator for the state police, just the kind of guy you need as a partner Happy
(10-26-2015 09:08 PM)Dan(NM) Wrote: [ -> ]He's turned out to be one hellava nice guy. He's a special investigator for the state police, just the kind of guy you need as a partner Happy

Forensics is a big part of detecting. He being that mind set is a great plus. Good luck with the new detector buddy!

Ed/ODF
Nice to make a friends. Bonus when they enjoy detecting like yourself. I know this is true, you own a Etrac. (Must be Pro) Happy Awesome hunts and nice finds!
Reference URL's