Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beach hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently went on beach vacation with my wife on 10/1. Of course we agreed I would be able to detect. So I brought my CZ20 & my Sovereign Elite.
 My intention was to compare both of these detectors. I favor my CZ20, I hip mount it and use in on land. It is a awesome machine, and has found me majority of my deep coins. 
However, I was not able to compare them. Because I found the first silver ring with the Sovereign and it was pulling up some deep coins too. So I decided it was working so why change. It kept finding more and more items. It was a awesome week. I found (5) rings. 2-Silver, 1-10k, 2 - junkers. Also found a 10k pendant with real tiny diamonds. 

Also found maybe $6 clad, junk pendant (Peace) and a pot pipe. Had awesome time. Glad the Sovereign came through, because I have been using it for most the year, and found (1) IH between 6-8 not totally sure. But I know it was deep. And I started having mix feelings about the unit. Thinking I should grab the CZ20 rather than the Sovereign. I can say this for sure, the Sovereign did work well at the beach. Would my CZ20 had done even better. Don't know, maybe next time I will give my favorite land machine a chance to shine.

I used a waterproof backpack to put the Sovereign in and tried to waterproof it with plastic. It was water resistance, not waterproof due to the cables coming out of pack.  
Happy hunting everyone!
[attachment=6698]
[attachment=6699]
AWESOME hunt!!! That's a LOT of silver bling...and the rosie...and gold, too!!! Beer

Used to be a DIEHARD beach hunter. Used the CZ 20/21...both phenomenal units! IMO, the "kings of the beach" are: CZ's & Sov's/Excals. Honestly, don't think you can go wrong with either, but, as you said, if it feels right, that's the most important thing. What size coil does the CZ have?

***Most important question?*** How did you manage to talk the wife into a beach vacation WITH detecting time in the mix? Chuckle Tongue

Joe
Now that's what I call a real vacation!!! WTG on all the goodies!!!Yes

Ed/ODF
(10-27-2015 06:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]AWESOME hunt!!! That's a LOT of silver bling...and the rosie...and gold, too!!! Beer

Used to be a DIEHARD beach hunter. Used the CZ 20/21...both phenomenal units! IMO, the "kings of the beach" are: CZ's & Sov's/Excals. Honestly, don't think you can go wrong with either, but, as you said, if it feels right, that's the most important thing. What size coil does the CZ have?

***Most important question?*** How did you manage to talk the wife into a beach vacation WITH detecting time in the mix? Chuckle Tongue

Joe

I get to the beach one week per year with the family.  My hunting time is 4am to 8am, and better not say I am too tired to do things the rest of the day with the others.
Very cool finds, congratulations.
I understand about detecting and family vacations. Glad you were able to score neat targets
Thanks guys! 

BigTony I was using the land version of the Excal. My Sovereign elite. And I also have my favorite detector my CZ20 with a 8" coil.  I seem to like the 8" coil. Makes it a awesome land hunter too. 

My wife knows how much I enjoyed detecting. We got a lot of years together, so we don't get worked up over little things and we learned to compromise. 

She would not want to be around me if I was at the beach without a detector. lol.
I would have been like a big kid pouting. Sad
[attachment=6749]

BigTony, wishing you lots of luck with your new machine!

Joe, that is not a Rosie. (Wish it was) I just should a clad dime to show dimensions. Next time I will use one of my cruddy pennies.
Cool, thank you!
Seeing what your cool finds makes me more excited to get out there
Great bunch of finds there. I haven't done much beach hunting but definitely will do more if I get a chance.
Reference URL's