Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Found Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really like my latest circuit board version of my Mirage PI. It goes deeper on gold jewelry as well is now more sensitive to brass, copper, silver, clad coins and jewelry.
And with the newest search 8.5" coil size makes it a really impressive detector.

Last time out with it found a really nice gold ring in a sports field that doesn't hold very much goodies, mostly junk.

[attachment=6716]
[attachment=6717]
[attachment=6718]
Sven, nice recovery, congratulations!
Real nice Claddagh ring there Sven!! That machine of yours is really doing the job!

Ed/ODF
I tip my hat to you all electronics guys, as that stuff just confounds me. Really amazing what an experienced, technically-geared person can accomplish. I've seen a few posts in the past on the Mirage, seems like a VERY impressive unit. And if it can hit on deep gold, all the better Yes

Sven, what's stopping you from building these on a smaller scale and selling them to the public? Do the parts & labor far outweigh what the market would pay for the unit? Reason I ask is, I'd probably be one of the first people on line to buy Wink

Joe
(10-28-2015 12:16 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I tip my hat to you all electronics guys, as that stuff just confounds me. Really amazing what an experienced, technically-geared person can accomplish. I've seen a few posts in the past on the Mirage, seems like a VERY impressive unit. And if it can hit on deep gold, all the better Yes

Sven, what's stopping you from building these on a smaller scale and selling them to the public? Do the parts & labor far outweigh what the market would pay for the unit? Reason I ask is, I'd probably be one of the first people on line to buy Wink

Joe

Actually I do make a few upon request, just finishing up two land units for two guys using the latest version circuit boards. Two water hunters are using two water units I made last spring. They are impressed with them. Some owners won't tell others much about them, they don't want the competition. LOL. One reason I will not sell them locally where I go hunting. Currently working on two more units for land hunting for anyone who is interested.

The biggest problem in selling these, its a niche market but, those that inquire basically don't want to pay much for a non big name detector manufactured unit.
Even if it matches or exceed their performance........I supply lots of info to those that inquire, if they don't want a custom built unit, I offer the PCB with or with out parts, etc. so they can build their own.

I build as a hobby, takes about 40 hours to hand build up a complete unit. All parts are checked, matched up and assembled with craftsmanship. I can make more money slinging burgers at McDonald's in 40 hours without having to invest in parts and materials. So not going to build at give away prices and my free time  when I could be out there detecting vs. sitting on a bench. 

The latest version circuit board is the final one, its taken 4 years to get it where I am perfectly satisfied with its performance and operation. Lots of time and money invested. So at this point I will be asking a bit more for them. I do get a kick out of others finding treasure with them.

Some of the latest finds are on my website: http://www.treasurelinx.com/mirage_pi.html

Its a fun machine to use.
Congrats Sven! That is a nice ring and machine!
Reference URL's