Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: DeepTech Vista Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked up a used one this summer and couldn't use it until the end of summer more in the fall. I have both the  Super 6 6x8 coil and the large 7x11 coils for it.
Since I more or less hunt schoolyards, sports fields, parks for jewelry and coins, the Super 6 coil is on all the time.

[Image: IMGP1486m.jpg]

Some say its not good in trash due to its higher 25khz frequency and having a disc range only up to foil. I didn't listen to those that spread that gossip.
I took a chance on the Gold, that was a good move. It works great.

Then of course I don't run disc higher than small foil and I also use the same setting for the tone break in all metal mode. Disc is set to accept small thin gold rings and the foil that goes along with that setting. I have found, you can identify most canslaw and larger foil when pinpointing and pullung the coil off the target and listen to the audio response. If the audio break off is very fast and smooth, dig it. If the audio breaks off with any extra noise, clip etc. most of the time its junk. Saves a bunch of bending down and having to dig a lot of junk.

[attachment=6726]

Also found if you leave the disc setting control in that position and switch to all metal mode, the disc control is the low/high tone break control.  Now when you go over a target and it gives a high tone and you pull the coil off the target, if the tone goes low for even a split second, good chance its junk.

What you do lose if you set the disc control to accept thin gold rings are any small gold chains. You more or less have to adjust disc control way down to find them and dig a whole lot of little foil.

Overall a great machine, sensitive, fast response, deep, my favorite beep and dig machine since owning Tesoros. Glad I made the switch.
Lots of guys rave about this unit, over on Tom's. Is the depth comparable to the Tesoro's, or deeper, Sven?

Joe
Depth is equal or surpasses the Tejon with the Gold using the Super 6 coil vs.the Tejon with the 8x9  coil.

You couldn't get me to use another Tesoro after using this detector unless the Cazador Fantasy machine when ever Tesoro maybe releases it is better.
And I like Tesoros but, the Gold opened my eyes. Thanks to Tom's site and Keith Southern's testings, findings. As well as the great honest reviews it gets over in the UK at Gary's Forum.
Hi Sven

Nice review, thanks. Are you still with Vista Gold?

What is reason that you decide for Vista Gold instead for (maybe more popular) Vista Smart?

Best wishes and best regards

WM6
No, it was sold last year spring time or was it the year before......haven't tried any other DT detectors. They all lack a feature(s) the Vista Gold had. The one thing the Vista could have used was a non-motion pinpoint switch. If it had that it would have been perfect.
Reference URL's