Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Congrats, Ron!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats on making the finds banner! I'm no hardened relic hunter, but anyone can see the historically significant nature of those buckles you unearthed, Ron. I have a funny feeling I'll be reading about them in the treasure mags, in the not-so-distant future Wink

You're up top, sniper! Yes

Joe
Congrats on the Banner Ron! That type of relic is nowhere to be found around these parts. Those are some REAL historic pieces! I think you have enough of them now to make a separate shadow box and I would love to see what you put together!

Ed/ODF
Thanks Guys!! We have been fortunate to get in some great sites.

I do enjoy the historical aspect of some of these relics. But I also understand that relics are not for everyone and I too spent many hours shooting silver in the parks and yards and enjoyed the hobby just as much doing that vs relic hunting. I kind of adapt to my surroundings when it comes to this hobby.

I started in VA relic hunting for Civil War then adapted to coins in CA and KY then coins again in CA and then Gold and Gold Rush Relics full time about 3 years ago. That is what is so cool about the hobby, it is adaptable to almost anyone style or desires.

Ed, was going to take a pic of my display, but it is glass shelves with a mirrored back so tough to get a good picture.

Joe, I have a couple articles submitted but not sure if they are worthy of making it to press!!

Thanks for the kinds words!!

Ron
(10-30-2015 02:56 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Guys!! We have been fortunate to get in some great sites.

I do enjoy the historical aspect of some of these relics. But I also understand that relics are not for everyone and I too spent many hours shooting silver in the parks and yards and enjoyed the hobby just as much doing that vs relic hunting. I kind of adapt to my surroundings when it comes to this hobby.

I started in VA relic hunting for Civil War then adapted to coins in CA and KY then coins again in CA and then Gold and Gold Rush Relics full time about 3 years ago. That is what is so cool about the hobby, it is adaptable to almost anyone style or desires.

Ed, was going to take a pic of my display, but it is glass shelves with a mirrored back so tough to get a good picture.

Joe, I have a couple articles submitted but not sure if they are worthy of making it to press!!

Thanks for the kinds words!!

Ron

Ron, I hear what you're saying, but, it's human nature to want what we cannot/do not have. Whether it's boys toys, women, jobs, etc., it makes no difference. I love finding silver...period. It gives me a rush or a high that's almost unreal, however, it's primarily the ACTION for me. Finding anything old & kickass would probably bring on the same emotions. So...

As for me, it's the old "grass is greener..." story. You'd get a bit dreary eating steak everyday, too. It's the change of scenery. I see some of the wicked stuff you guys pull out and it's beyond comprehension. Not so much the age, but the exquisite pieces themselves, and the condition. Of course, if all I did was dig relics year in and year out, I'd probably get tired of that, too, lol.

We're all stuck digging primarily what our geography allows us to. People in Oklahoma can't beach hunt. Folks in Maine can't go prospecting. So, to admire, and long to dig other items outside of our possibilities, is one of the reasons the forums are so popular.

As is the case with you, you switched from coins to relics. Was it because you hate coins? Absolutely not. Variety is the spice of life Yes

Joe
Congrats on the banner Ron. Nice looking relics for sure! I would love to see them in a shadow box with a small LED light showing them off. Hope your articles are posted too! GL HH!
Congrats on the banner Ron, very cool stuff
Reference URL's