Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 2nd Season of Detectorist.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No sure this is the right place to post. But it is the Detectorist lounge. Happy 

My brother stopped by yesterday to give me this DVD Season 1 of Detectorist and have a cold one. Beer 

It's a British comedy about metal detecting. I have already seen this and enjoyed watching it. But having it in DVD is awesome. He also wanted to tell me yesterday was the starting of the 2nd season.  

We can relate to a lot of things that happens throughout the movie. I think you will enjoy it too.
[attachment=6740]
Not only is it the perfect place to post that, but it's also one of my favorite shows Yes I prefer that to all of the "reality" crap detecting stuff. Yes, it's a comedy, but, strangely enough, I find more realness in it, versus most other stuff regarding this hobby.

The reason I think it's so well done is, both the writing & acting are top-tier, and, most importantly, the star of the show is a detectorist, himself.

Joe
I didn't know it was out on DVD! Thanks for the heads up. It's a great show! I love the intro when the fighter jets fly over and those two are swinging away completely oblivious to it. Ain't it the truth!!!

ODF
Cool thanks for the heads up on this. I'll look into it for the winter months
I loved season 1. Where can you get the dvds? They should put this show on American t.v.
Never got around to watching any of the detector shows yet but I will definitively be checking this one out. Thanks for sharing!
You can buy the DVD from the UK. http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/detectorists/episodes/
Searched the web and you can download the episodes using a bit torrent if you know what your doing.

https://kat.cr/detectorists-s02e02-hdtv-...34846.html

I have all of season 1 episodes now on my computer as well as season 2 episodes 1 and 2
I have watched the first season episodes, its not what I expected.
Not your typical comedy found in the US with a bunch of nitwits without brains.
Or Canadian comedy such as the Red/Green show where duct tape is king.
More of a real life drama of two hooked on detecting and finding treasure while dealing with reality of detecting and real life events.
Did find the whole show captivating and funny as events unfold. Enjoyed all the episodes. Reminded me of a UK show I used to watch "Lovejoy".

The last episode in season one, at the very end was not what I expected but, a classical error was made by Lance that made your jaw drop and wonder......

Have to start watching Season 2 tonight.

Told my wife to watch at her leisure, the show captivated her as well. She could relate to some of the scenes....LOL
Sven, I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed the show. Your right about the description of the show. I have a brother that does not really go metal detecting. He is just to busy, but he loves the show and can relate. Since he knows he has a brother that is a Detectorist (me). He is often looking for me new places to hunt. He tells me to never stop. Lol , but we have to call it a day at so point of the hunt.

We often are scanning the ground ahead of us right without a detector.
We all found something that should have never been at that depth! We know it's BS, impossible. Etc.

This past weekend, I walked at least 3 miles swinging. Found about a dollar in change, one wheatie, and about 2 grocery bags of trash. Talk about questioning myself. The amount of labor and the cost of fuel. I could have purchased a nice old coin. But it is not the same...
I just finished watching season I and found the British humor a little dry but there were funny parts that did make me laugh.

The show does use real life phrases that we all use and know, they are right on target with their research for this show.

In a way they are putting down the hobby by showing it in a dim light, could be they will build on that and have these folks find a real treasure - as we all know there have been many great finds in that county and Wales
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's