Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #70 Beating the bushes!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 wheats in a spot about 1 foot square. A 44, 45, 54D and a 56. Pretty toasted but readable. Then in another area where I found a bunch of Rosies last year, this really obverse worn 1929 Merc which is so shiny I had to photograph it at a slight angle to get any detail. I want to mention that this merc I think was down about 6 inches. And even on 24 sense, 8 gain, I found it before I found an aluminum can top about 8" away. Low and slow fellas! And wear safety glasses if you're working around thick bushes or you'll "POKE YOUR EYE OUT!".

These were from a spot that has been pretty good to me but I never got into the thick of the field bushes. It's pretty thick too! With rasberry's, wild roses and those damn burning bushes, but both areas border woods and what used to be old baseball fields from the 30's and 40's that are now small treed and so well overgrown only the deer can make it through, because they can jump!

The rest of the stuff in the bulk pick is from the last two days or so. I find a lot of junk too. Not shown here, but I found a General Electric hand held transistor radio today! I'm going to clean it up and see if I can get it working.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Looks good from where I'm sitting, Ed! I like it even more since it's whole, lol Chuckle How old is the radio?

Joe
Congrats on #70
Nice finds! ODF your a serious hunter! You know how to find them. Your right about getting your eyes poked out. Be careful for sure. Shines hmm. Hope you get that radio working, please let us know. Thanks for sharing.
HH too!
(10-30-2015 08:21 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good from where I'm sitting, Ed! I like it even more since it's whole, lol Chuckle How old is the radio?

Joe
Joe,

I don't think it's that old actually. I own several very good Sony's and Sangean's, but I've never seen a GE like this. Maybe from the 80's although it was flat on it's back, half submerged in the dirt and covered with leaves, but on higher ground, so I don't know if it can be rehabbed. I'll try. Good Winter project to keep my brain working! LOL!

Ed/ODF
Check that 44 Ed, if its steel, you can retire !!!!!!!!
(10-30-2015 08:43 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds! ODF your a serious hunter! You know how to find them. Your right about getting your eyes poked out. Be careful for sure. Shines hmm. Hope you get that radio working, please let us know. Thanks for sharing.
HH too!

Thanks up!

I guess I'd have to agree with the "serious". I see a few old timer guys who see me in the woods and ask me what I'm doing. I don't tell them I'm looking for what you missed, of course, but from the conversations I've had, they all did the grass where the easy stuff was a horn of plenty and chuckles all around. So I keep plodding along using the gray stuff up there and being a little investigative based on maps and history of wooded areas. And that's it. The rest is low and slow.

Now go hit the dunes bro!

Ed/ODF

(10-30-2015 09:05 PM)Padiggydirt Wrote: [ -> ]Check that 44 Ed, if its steel, you can retire !!!!!!!!

Nope! Copper! But a nice thought! And I am retired! But still working! Gotta eat ya know!

Ed/ODF
Congratulations on number 70!
Maybe you can wait for the weeds and shrubs to die down in the cold weather then hit it before it gets to cold or early spring. If the deer can get into the brush maybe you have a chance too
(10-30-2015 09:37 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on number 70!
Maybe you can wait for the weeds and shrubs to die down in the cold weather then hit it before it gets to cold or early spring. If the deer can get into the brush maybe you have a chance too

Thanks Tony!

But honestly, the area that was the baseball fields needs either a brush hog (one of those big John Deere Tractors with an extended arm that has a hydrolic 72 inch cutter attachment) or a bulldozer! It's that bad. And that area has now been declared "Wetlands" by the pink tape I find all over hanging from trees. I've tried it before but it doesn't fly. But thanks for the optimism!

Ed/ODF
Nice one ODF/Ed!
Reference URL's