Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: RIP Big Al
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not to be confused with our lovable fellow forum member "Big Tony", Al Molinaro, best known for playing "Big Al", on Happy Days, passed away today, at 96.

I grew up on shows like Happy Days, The Love Boat, Barney Miller, The Odd Couple, etc., so, whenever one of the stars from these things pass, it makes me think back to simpler times. Remember "rabbit ears"? Lol Chuckle Tongue

Joe
I grew up watching Happy days too. RIP Big AL.
(10-31-2015 02:51 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]I grew up watching Happy days too. RIP Big AL.

Great show. He also played Murray the cop on The Odd Couple. He'd play poker with the guys. I could be wrong, but I believe aside from Penny Marshall, he's the only one left from that show. Geez, talk about another time, and another era.

Joe
Loved Happy Days!! Still have a Fonz rug hanging in my garage!! LOL
RIP Big Al.

Terrific actor and show for sure. The shows back then were enjoyable and made family time better.
I miss being a kid watching those old shows. I remember the rabbit ears on the big old console with the vhf and uhf knobs that you had to get up and go turn with your hands to change channels. Click click click click
So true PittsburgWill! You was doing well to be in front of a Zenth! It had a nicer click, click, click...

Ron, that is a nice Fonz rug!
Bending the rabbit ears helped as well, until they broke. Or even tying wire from one to the other.
[attachment=6751]

I remember getting something like this from a relative way back when, it it wouldn't work, we found other uses for it.

[attachment=6752]
(11-03-2015 10:01 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Bending the rabbit ears helped as well, until they broke. Or even tying wire from one to the other.

I remember getting something like this from a relative way back when, it it wouldn't work, we found other uses for it.

Ha! That's crazy. As primitive as those times were, man, they were GOOD times. There's something to be said for simple Yes

Joe
(10-31-2015 04:25 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Loved Happy Days!! Still have a Fonz rug hanging in my garage!! LOL

That's classic!!! Wish I had one of those. I'm sure the wife must love your taste in "fine art", Ron Think Chuckle

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's