Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First outing with Excal II not much to show though
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally had my first outing with the Excalibur II that I purchased about two weeks ago.
I only had an hour to try it out and I was like a kid in the candy shop. I even didn't mind digging up can slaw. I hunted mostly wet sand and right at the surf line. My first find with this new baby was a 10 Cent Euro coin. I dug up about 11 coins with a grand total of 68 cents US. I did manage to dig up a small probably junk earring but can't test it yet. I am hording my coins to purchase a testing kit from good old Treasure Classifieds.
Anyway, good hunting to all
Tony, you hit the right spot Yes I used to do a lot of beach hunting, and while jewelry can be anywhere from the dry sand to the sea, your best chances of success - if you cannot hunt IN the water - is the wet water line. Less trash = more treasure.

Once you start finding heavier objects (quarters, sinkers, etc.), slow down and hunt that area closely. Also look for hard, flat areas where a lot of shells are gathered in one general area, or cuts after a heavy storm.

I envy those guys who can read the beaches like the palm of their hand. I used to hunt with a fella like that. We'd get to the beach, he'd see the wind was in a certain direction, and he'd say; "I'll give it an hour or so, but today isn't the day." He was almost always right. He found gold like he could smell it.

You can't really do much better than the Excal. Take your time learning it's nuances, work the right spots at the right times, and I predict you'll be posting some big yellow here, in due time Happy

Joe
Crap Tony, that's pretty good for a first outing! I hear those Excals are real killers at the beach! Good luck with the new machine!

Ed/ODF
Tony,

Good job Tony, Soon you will be finding Jewelry! Like Joe said Jewelry can be anywhere on the beach, but those low areas tend to hold more in a concentrated area. Good luck and I hope you find some KT on your next outing.
Wow, thanks guys. I didn't think there was much interest on this site with all of the silver hoards that folks are finding!
Thanks for the tips, they are helpful. Now I know why I didn't find much lite stuff in that area. I found the light stuff above that area in the dry below the towel line.
I can't wait to get back out there but - baby sitting for the next four days so it will be there when I can get to it.
Thanks again
Reference URL's