Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Was Too Hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Made it out today, but, DAMN, it was just too warm to hunt for long. Was a whopping 76!!! As most of you know, I'm not a heat lover, I'll take the cold, any day.

Everything in the photo is from this morning, except for the war nickel, which was my only good find from this past Sunday. 2 mercs, an old bus token, a sterling army & navy pin, a Susan B. Anthony $1, and those 2 heart pins, both of which are copper, and were in the same hole.

Joe
Nice hunting Joe! You want to talk about Hot, try Florida. lol HH!
(11-03-2015 09:27 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Nice hunting Joe! You want to talk about Hot, try Florida. lol HH!

While I love Florida beaches, the sights, the sounds, etc., and have been down there many times, I wouldn't be able to deal with the brutal heat & humidity...especially year round. I'm a sweater. A bad one. If it's humid here, I sweat walking to my car in the morning...seriously, lol. When I'm hunting and my back, crotch, everywhere have water running off, and my glasses are sliding down my nose, it's pretty uncomfortable. Today was nowhere near that bad, but I was in a wide open field with no shade protection, and it was humid...in November Tongue About the only time I don't mind the heat, is when I'm in the air conditioning.

I really relish those fall hunts, when there's a chill in the air, I have to zip on a hoodie, and I have a hot cup of coffee in the morning. I can go 6, 7 or 8 hours straight in that.

I normally don't hunt much during the summer, from about the 1st of July to the second week of September, due to the heat, and the abnormally dry ground which happens here, almost every year. I might get out once a week, or every two weeks, for a few hours here & there, mainly to scratch my itch, but that's the most I can handle.

I guess maybe you become immune to it, after being down there for a long time?

Joe
Way cool hunt anyway! Love the army\navy pin - it's a cool relic of a war gone by.
It was warm today and I started to sweat around 10am and so did my grandson. We took off out sweat shirts and enjoyed the rest of the morning but were home by 11:30.

Late tonight they siad the northern lights might be visible in the northeast - so I expect more of the same for tomorrow.
Again - you have a great area to detect - be paitent it will be there for you when the weather cools off
76?
 Hahaha!!!
(11-04-2015 12:43 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]76?
 Hahaha!!!

Yep, coupled with humidity, in an unshaded open field, wearing heavy dungarees & construction boots, digging in pretty dry ground. I know, it's hotter out by you guys, but you don't have the humidity, which is the killer. Second, I can't STAND warmth. If I lived in Alaska, that would be perfect hunting weather for me, lol.

This crap was supposed to be over with in September, dealing with it all over again in November sucks skunk balls, Ray!

Joe
Nice catch on all Joe! Was about 74 here and pretty warm. Going to be like that the remainder of the week. Next week though, upper 50's max! My kinda weather too. If it weren't for woods in the Summer, I'd probably melt!Chuckle

Ed/ODF
Dude, its 76!!!! You can keep that cold, Im a puss when it comes to cold. Thats why I live in Kalifornia
Nice digs Joe - cool pin and silver's always good Happy

LoL @ Ray!
Way to go Joe, Your silver count is climbing !!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's