Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Building your own Grey Ghost Waterproof Headphones for the CTX.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a video I did a while back showing how to build your own grey Ghosts for the ctx. Might be handy for someone who already has a set and dont want to spend $150 on the ctx specific set.
Nice video! Super cool Yes I'm going to make this a sticky up on top, as there's many who swing the CTX's now. Very helpful Happy Thank you!

Joe
Thanks for sharing.  I did this conversion with a pair of land grey ghosts because I don't dive with the machine. 

Post up where you got your connectors so everyone who wants to do this can find the proper connecter

Thanks
(09-01-2013 10:00 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]The ones in the video were given to me ron and i have no idea where they came from but I do remember they are an 8 pin m12 ip68 connector so people should be able to google search for them..
as a matter of fact here you go. Although its not the same connector used in the video, here is the same type connector except you have to sauder to the pins instead of having screw terminals.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amph...eT5QvnONIo
Thanks for sharing.  I did this conversion with a pair of land grey ghosts because I don't dive with the machine. 

Post up where you got your connectors so everyone who wants to do this can find the proper connecter

Thanks
Thanks,  I soldered mine and I have had the connector in the water a few times with no issues.  I just like the sound of land phones better  vs the waterproof phones.  The tones are more crisp and since I don't plane on dunking them I went that route!!
Reference URL's