Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Fall Finds Contest 11/6/2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Our new "Fall Finds Contest" launched this morning, on Facebook. Just click the FB link on the top of this site to go to our page, and you'll see the info on our timeline (may have to scroll down). Way it works is simple...

Upload a photo of your best find thus far from 2015, and the finds/photos with the most votes by 11/20/2015, will win 1 of 7 prizes.

Again, I/we/Treasure Classifieds do not choose the winner. Once you post your find photo, it's up to you to rally friends, relatives, co-workers, etc. to vote on your submission.

Full details/contest rules are on the bottom of the contest page.

Good luck Happy

Joe
Cool for some. Bummer,  I don't have a Facebook account. My wife has one, but I refuse to make one. Afraid, all my exes would still want a piece of me. Lol! Think
Feel free to have someone post it for you via their account Happy

Joe
Vote button is not working.
[attachment=6754]
(11-06-2015 11:26 AM)Jackyl Wrote: [ -> ]Vote button is not working.

Once it turns into that striped color, that means your vote is in. But you cannot vote again until 24 hours. Additionally, you cannot see the amount of votes entered until after the contest ends. Be sure to re-read the contest details on the bottom of the contest page Happy

Joe
(11-06-2015 11:40 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Once it turns into that striped color, that means your vote is in. But you cannot vote again until 24 hours. Additionally, you cannot see the amount of votes entered until after the contest ends. Be sure to re-read the contest details on the bottom of the contest page Happy

Joe

I am not able to even click on the vote button. That's how it was when I went on the view photo entries page.
(11-06-2015 11:53 AM)Jackyl Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

I am not able to even click on the vote button. That's how it was when I went on the view photo entries page.

You already have a few votes in Happy Just confirmed it, so, it appears to be working. Can you still not use the vote button? If so, reply here...

Joe
Doesn't anyone here aside from Ed have the cajones to enter?! If it's about the prizes, don't worry, I can handle them...I ain't THAT cheap, lol.

FYI: All entrants can now see there votes Happy

Joe

Joe

yes that would be a good idea for a contest do not let anyone see how many votes they have or anyone else has till its over. I wasn't going to enter for a while I was going to look and see what my best find was then I remembered my celtic gold and I figured out I was already behind as first to enter will have more votes then its playing catch up. Which I will not win as I do not have that many friends on facebook or internet or friends in general ,
But its always fun to have a contest, Thanks
(11-08-2015 09:11 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

yes that would be a good idea for a contest do not let anyone see how many votes they have or anyone else has till its over. I wasn't going to enter for a while I was going to look and see what my best find was then I remembered my celtic gold and I figured out I was already behind as first to enter will have more votes then its playing catch up. Which I will not win as I do not have that many friends on facebook or internet or friends in general ,
But its always fun to have a contest, Thanks

Steve, I really didn't want to have the vote tallies show, just in case someone tried to game the system, but I can't go on suppositions, I simply have to assume people will do the right thing. Whether that happens or not, I cannot say. However...

The reason I decided to ultimately show the vote tallies was, we can track & monitor i.p. addresses, and there's a few tools we have to help prevent fraudulent activity. In addition, seeing the votes adds an element of excitement to the contest, and might spur entrants to actively solicit more votes. Finally, I think entrants seeing their votes will diminish the chances of someone thinking that we somehow manipulated the vote tallies.

These things are hard to do fairly for everyone, as everyone has a different definition of what's fair, so, we can only do our best Happy

Good luck!

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's