Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 24 no brag just a little happy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello gals and guys, I was able to get out yesterday afternoon for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. It did sprinkle some rain on me but I had a hooded sweatshirt on so I pushed through it because I only had a short time to hunt. I decided to go super slow using a small coil - first off looking for deep iffy signals but those turned out to be bent nails and a huge oil tank cap. The kind that you need some type of iron key to open. I didn't take a picture of it, it is in my junk bin waiting to be scrapped.
I managed two wheat cents - 1942 and 1947 and then I was lucky enough to dig up a 1964 D Roosevelt dime, which is number 24 for the year.
The pin is custom - I put it in for show, it looks nice for the picture.
Good luck to all, great weather is coming
That's one of the problems with digging the super deep signals, you're definitely going to dig more iron, but, believe me, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Whenever I post my bits of silver or old coins here, what you don't see is the pouch full of old rusty nails, fencing, bent up pieces of sheet metal and a gazillion other pieces of crapola I had to wade through.

While the Minelab is the best machine I've used to date on accurate VID at depth, there is no unit that's perfect, especially when going after those extremely deep, fringe whisper signals. We're going to get fooled...period. But as long as there's a few keepers in the mix, you've won the battle.

Congrats on another silver, Tony Yes

Joe
WTG Tony!! Add another one to the pile!! Yes
A Rosie in titles you to toot the whistle!  Congrats Tony, and nice hunting!
Thanks guys = the hunt is more fun when you bring home cool keepers

Good luck to all out there
I'll take it! Good catch Tony! Congrats on #24! Yes Not bad for an hour and a half! And those deep iron signals are a bummer for sure!No

Ed/ODF
Thanks ED, but I am not as upset as I used to be about them.
If I had a pick up truck I would save them for the iron junk man. ha ha ha
Reference URL's