Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #71, 2 & 3. Washington visits Jefferson & Rosie!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, to be honest, I've been out there for about 2 hours every day and was getting into a real funk until this afternoon. I tried another search method and the hunch paid off. Found the 45 Wheat as soon as I got there, then a 64 Jeff, then a 64 Washington about 10" away. Then found some other clad about. Tried the same thing down the road apiece and a half hour in found a 59 Washington, checked the hole and found a 47 Rosie. A few feet away up pops another wheat. Then a solid nickel tone and out pops a plated crucifix with Jesus missing! The method is not foolproof because the way is full of junk. I mean can and bottle top city, but going over signals from three or four directions makes the choice to dig a lot more discerning. Even still, you just have to dig the junk! And I was digging 27, 28 and 29 high tones like it was going out of style!!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Christ, you've been snagging everything under the sun the whole summer, I thought you'd leave the freakin Washington's all to me...and ya gotta take those, too! Love the big silvers, and I wouldn't care if Obumma's face were on them, shiny is shiny Wink 3 silvers is a good damn hunt any day of the week Yes

Joe
Congratulations ED, Wow, that is nice hunting there! That feeling you were having was short lived. Wish my was only a couple of days. Anytime you find those quarters you have to wonder why they are still there. Most likely a lot more out there.
Piling up that silver Ed Yes
Congratulations Ed! Your sniffer is serving you well, keep it up and you will pass the century mark soon
(11-07-2015 11:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Christ, you've been snagging everything under the sun the whole summer, I thought you'd leave the freakin Washington's all to me...and ya gotta take those, too! Love the big silvers, and I wouldn't care if Obumma's face were on them, shiny is shiny Wink 3 silvers is a good damn hunt any day of the week Yes

Joe

Thanks Joe!

You know, you and me are quite alike. I have this silver fetish that I just can't get rid of. Chuckle But I do dig other stuff. A lot of it actually. And that 4 Washingtons you had was a real kicker. Man, that must have been a spot. I'm looking forward to another big spill or a camp area. I hope I find it. Although I'm hunting almost every day, in the field I've had to force myself to slow down a great deal. That's one part of the new method. The other is logic related to my sites. And with this new "epiphany" it opens up all of my old sites too. Funny how you "Learn" detecting from past mistakes, isn't it.

Ed/ODF

(11-08-2015 07:46 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations ED, Wow, that is nice hunting there! That feeling you were having was short lived. Wish my was only a couple of days. Anytime you find those quarters you have to wonder why they are still there. Most likely a lot more out there.

Thank Up!

Well I tried today with no luck. But there's a lot more territory to search so thanks for the encouragement!

Ed/ODF

(11-08-2015 11:46 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Piling up that silver Ed Yes

Thanks Wayne! I just wish I had some of the relics that you find up there though! I really can't say that piling up silver is boring, but a change of pace would sometimes be nice.

Ed/ODF

(11-08-2015 04:10 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Ed! Your sniffer is serving you well, keep it up and you will pass the century mark soon

Thanks Tony! The old sniffer is working well for sure. Going to try and hit that century mark. With weather and persistence I think I might. I'm going to try!

Ed/ODF
Nothing wrong with loving silver, Ed. It's purdy to look at, has just as much history as any other piece of "oldness", and there's enough to go around, where we can always get our fix in Wink In addition, as I've said before, we're also bound by our geography. If I lived in England, I'd surely be searching more for gold coins. Out west, maybe prospecting. Down south, relic digging. We hunt what we enjoy finding & what's readily available Yes

Joe
Dang, you sure are getting a lot of quarters. Congrats!
(11-10-2015 08:15 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Dang, you sure are getting a lot of quarters. Congrats!

Thank you Leo!!

Ed
Reference URL's