Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #74 Same method!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to a spot today I did about 2 months ago and used the same method I used on Saturday. I tried it on Sunday to no avail except for some clad and a couple of wheats. But for some reason I hit this Merc about 1 hour in doing a grid pattern over an area I know I've done before, but maybe just a little too fast. Anyway, as a perspective, the leaves are about 4 to 8 inches thick and I'm running 24 sense with gain at 7, fast off, deep on. 6X8 SEF Coil. I get this high tone that's unmistakable for silver and am digital at around 7-29, 5-29, with a few tones at 4-29. Tone holds though. Clear about 6 inches of leaves with my boot to get to bare ground and I'm now getting whopper high tone and a solid 4-29. Pinpoint it and he's down about 3 to 4 inches. Garrett carrot it on high and I'm right on target. Pull the plug and there he is! Got some clad and some other do dads and a lot of junk too, but you guys know me by now, I'm after silver, (and gold if I can get it; lot of foil and can slaw the last three days), and I just can't break the habit! Yes And I painted my Garrett Carrot blue so I can find the damn thing in the leaves!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Way to go ODF! That is sweet. Continue to do what you're doing its working. Thanks for sharing.
Nice save on the merc, and, I forget what camera you're using, but damn, that thing takes great pics. Seriously, I wonder what percentage of Garrett's Propointer sales are strictly replacements from being lost by customers? I would venture to say pretty high, maybe a third, or something like that. EXCELLENT business model!!! Wouldn't be surprised if they were hiring someone to go out into the field and have them steal back the damn things! Chuckle Tongue

Joe
(11-09-2015 10:46 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice save on the merc, and, I forget what camera you're using, but damn, that thing takes great pics. Seriously, I wonder what percentage of Garrett's Propointer sales are strictly replacements from being lost by customers? I would venture to say pretty high, maybe a third, or something like that. EXCELLENT business model!!! Wouldn't be surprised if they were hiring someone to go out into the field and have them steal back the damn things! Chuckle Tongue

Joe

Joe,

That's my phone camera. Only camera I got. Samsung Prevail. It's real finicky though. Lighting conditions have to be just right.

And Thanks!

Ed/ODF
Ed, nice recovery, congratulations on #74, very cool.
Why didn't you just buy a so called landyard stretch rope for your pinpointer?
(11-09-2015 11:28 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, nice recovery, congratulations on #74, very cool.
Why didn't you just buy a so called landyard stretch rope for your pinpointer?

I would do that but I have a rope on my digger now as I've lost that a number of times and had to go back and find it. That's why I painted it blue too! I think if I put another rope on the pinpointer I'll start to get all tangled up in the bushes and small trees. One on the digger is bad enough. Two would probably be a nightmare. And that blue sticks out like a sore thumb in the woods! You can see it from 100 feet away!

Ed/ODF
Ed, Yeah blue is a goiod idea. Maybe it will catch on
Good deal Ed

keep em comin Happy

Beer
(11-10-2015 08:12 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Good deal Ed

keep em comin Happy

Beer

Thanks Wayne! Beer

Ed
Reference URL's